Prologue

Freya looked straight ahead, her puffy red eyes, rigid body and quick breath

One minute, she danced with her lips connecting to that of the love of her life, his hands lovingly caressing her delicate body with love and passion and the second after, she found herself witnessing a scene that she could never erase from her memory.

"Freya." The inspector snapped her fingers at the brunette's frozen face before adjusting to the uncomfortable club seat.

She absently twirled her pen in her hand as she watched the brunette. She was new to all of this. And she could see how much the incident had impacted her. A trail of dried tears streaked down her cheeks.

The brunette flinched to her name before she looked up from her hands to watch the inspector.

She never thought she should witness such a thing. She was just a teenager after all. She should never have worried about seeing such a thing.

She swallowed the lump of emotion down her throat before closing her eyelids again as someone stepped on the broken glass. She could still see the scene right before her eyes. The music, the feeling of euphoria and pleasure filling her and then the cries, the complete emptiness.

"I need to know what you saw." Asked the inspector taking Freya out of her stupor as she looked up at the woman again while swallowing. She absently played with her rings as she again felt the weight of looks on her.

She raised her head, met the inspector's gaze before turning her head to the side just to meet the eyes of everyone who had lived with her in the past year. She met the eyes of Samuel, Carla, Guzmàn, Nadia, Rebecca, Luís, Ander, Omar, Alvaro, Cayetana and finally Valerio and Lucrecia.

She could see Valerio's familiar anxious expression as he held her gaze with special attention. He knew it wasn't easy for her. She had already given up so much for him.

However, it was a matter of life and death.

He nodded to encourage her.

Freya laid her eyes on Lu one last time before turning her eyes again to the inspector."I saw ... I saw Valerio entering the toilet with the neck."