ACT TWO/xv.Break my heart

Nadia checked her phone again for the umpteenth time hoping to hear from Lucrecia about Freya

Nadia checked her phone again for the umpteenth time hoping to hear from Lucrecia about Freya. After the fight in the corridors, Azucena immediately called the emergency services, alerted by Freya's cries of agony. She barely seemed able to calm down as she gestured on the floor in pain.

Nadia could still hear Freya's screams in the corridors.

She shivered at the thought before swallowing as she called Rebecca at the sight of the brunette waiting with Valerio in front of Azucena's office."Were you really selling drugs at school?"

Rebecca remained silent as she turned her head towards Valerio, admitting their crimes at the same time. Valerio gulped as he met Rebecca's eyes before turning his head to Nadia at her question.

"Is that true, Valerio? "

Valerio looked down just as Azucena abruptly opened the door to her office, giving the duo a stern look at Nadia's side."You two, come in."

"Azucena, good morning."Recognized Begona.

"Good morning, Begona."Azucena nodded.

"I'd like to talk with you. Do you have a few minutes?"

Azucena crossed her arms over her chest with a grimace stuck before signing the duo behind her. "Um, I'm dealing with an important issue right now. "

"It can't be more important than mine."

"I'll be right with you. I'll speak to these two--"

"I can always bypass you and speak to the board."Begona insisted with attitude."I'm only suggesting meeting with you out of politeness."

Nadia watched as the brunette entered the office letting Azucena turn to the duo to warn them to stay put.

Rebecca leaned against the entrance to the office while Valerio took the opportunity to rush immediately to Nadia."Wait, did you hear from Freya?"

"She spent most of the night in the bloc."Nadia replied darkly in concern."Lucrecia is with her parents and Luis. They're waiting for the doctor's visit."

************************

"How are you feeling, honey?"Carmen asked as she put her hand on Freya's forehead letting the brunette turn her head to avoid her touch.

Carmen left her arm dropped to her side clearly accustomed to this behavior of Freya since they had taken her to the hospital. She swallowed as she gave a sad look at Lucrecia who was by her side before stepping back to sit in her seat in concern.

Freya's silence did nothing to help the situation.

Since she woke up, she hasn't said a word. She only answered the nurse's questions with one word, sometimes two, before closing in on herself as soon as the nurse left her room.