ACT TWO/x. Cheers, cheers

This Valentine's Day was even worse than she had imagined

Seeing all these crazy couples in love was fucking heartbreaking for her.

Before her arrival in Las Encinas she had never really attached great importance to it but now that was enough to remind her how she found herself again in a damn dead end with Valerio.

She pushed a damn heart-shaped balloon out of her way before suddenly sitting on one of the window sills that was still available. No matter where she looked she seemed to end up seeing a perfectly happy and in love couple.

Just what she needed right now.

As if her situation at home was not catastrophic enough.

"Well if it's not my partner in misery."

Freya let out a slight breath of laughter at the sight of Ander before raising her eyebrows as he dropped to her side. He leaned his head against the wall before running his hand down his face in exhaustion.

Freya immediately frowned at the sight of his slightly paler complexion than usual. She could also see the dark circles under his eyes and a strange aura around him. To tell the truth, she had noticed his strange behavior for some time now. The evening at Samuel's was enough to alert her more.

Unfortunately she did not really know how to raise the subject with him. They all had a lot on their plate.

She licked her lips in hesitation before placing her hand on his, leaning over to catch his eye.

Ander immediately lowered his other hand to his side at the feel of her touch before feeling the emotions get stuck down his throat as he met her worried gaze.

"Ander? You know you can tell me everything, right? I mean ... I don't want to alarm you but you seem a little out of it lately."

Ander gauged hre sincere expression knowing that it was probably time for him to follow Rebecca's advice. He had to admit that he couldn't bear being alone in this anymore. Even if he had Guzmàn and Omar with him now he needed someone who could understand him differently. He didn't need someone to take care of him. He just needed to find out who understood him. And he sincerely thought that Freya was that person.

He supported her gaze by licking his lips before letting a long sigh "I have ... I have leukemia."

A heavy silence followed his statement as Freya gauged him in shock before bringing her hand to her lips as she straightened up with emotion."Oh my god ... I-I ... since when?"

"Since when?" Breathed Ander clearly surprised by her reaction."A couple of weeks."

"I-I ... wow ..."

Freya looked away as she could feel the memories catching her again. It was as if she was living again all these years with her mother. She still remembered when her mother told her about her cancer and it was just like that. She could again feel her world collapsing around her.