ACT TWO/v. Hope

"So you went to see her and then what? She's coming back to high school and you're starting a great and beautiful epic love story?"

Freya shook her head as she turned the page of her book before watching her brother shake Samuel by the shoulder."Leave him alone, Luís."

"Don't tell me you're on his side?" Luís exclaimed in annoyance."There he is. Carla couldn't care less about him. He will end up being alone."

"Well, obviously, you will always be there." Samuel commented sarcastically as he looked bored at Luís.

Freya sketched a semblance of a smile on her lips in response as she absently played with the page of her book. She exchanged a brief amused glance with Samu over her book before returning her eyes to the writings of Edgar Allen Poe.

Luís let out a deep, deep sigh before hitting the back of Samuel's head as he stood up."God, you're such a horny boy, man."

"What?"

Freya looked up with a breath of laughter as she watched her brother walk away before looking back at Samuel. The brown rubbed his head with a slight grimace. He looked up at Freya before signing the place where her brother had just disappeared."He can seriously be a dick when he wants."

"Well, it's Luís for you." Freya nodded as she was about to put her eyes back on her book. However Samuel suddenly brought his chair closer to her leaving Freya arching an eyebrow in question."Yes, Samuel?"

"Nothing, it's just ... you too think I was wrong to hope for Carla and me?" He asked, resting an arm on the table with a slight frown.

Freya lowered her book to her thighs before giving a skeptical look at the brown."Are you asking me for advice on love? I'm probably the worst example for that."

"Right ... Valerio." Murmured Samuel in memory before giving her a careful look at the worried brunette."How do you handle it ? Rebecca told me that you know the whole truth about his relationship with Lucrecia."

Freya gave a brief side glance at the brown before shrugging her shoulders as she let a faint sigh pass her lips."I don't really know how I should feel. The normal reaction would be to be disgusted, right? That's probably how you felt."

"Well, I was more shocked but ..."

Freya left a small smile at the brunet's effort before taking a thoughtful look again as she tried to decipher what she was really feeling."No matter how much I try to hate him my feelings always come back into play. I can't help but worry about him. And I can't hate him completely either."

"You really fell in love with him." Samuel realized with a wide look before puckering his lips in hesitation."What about Lucrecia? I know she was your friend."

Freya left a weak snort without humor."Lucrecia... well, Lucrecia has been doing some shitty things lately. Including sleeping with the boy I love so ..."