ACT TWO/xiv. Trauma

"We have a problem!"

"What now?"

"Nadia wants to refuse the scholarship!"

Freya's eyes widened as she readjusted her grip on her crutches before motioning for Lu to follow her."She can't do that. It's an opportunity of a lifetime!"

"I know !"

Freya gulped in the realization before giving Lu a wide look."Wait, if she refuses then that means that-"

"The scholarship comes back to me."Lu nodded weakly before shaking her head."I know this is completely crazy but I don't want it. Not like this."

"Are you sure ?" Freya asked sympathetically."I mean I wouldn't be mad at you if you accepted it. It's also your future."

Lu left a small smile on her lips in support of Freya despite her friendship for Nadia before shaking her head in the objection."I know you say that to comfort me, but you also care about Nadia. And you know she deserves it."

Freya pursed her lips in agreement before turning her head just to question Lu."Speaking of Nadia."

Lu followed her gaze before hurrying off after the brunette Muslim leaving Freya to follow behind her. She tried to accelerate the pace despite her stupid crutches before advancing towards the brunette duo.

"You're nuts if you think I'll settle for you scraps."

Almost immediately Nadia released an alliance leaving Freya to take an abrupt pause with a broad look in the realization."Wow! "

"Yeah. I don't want to live a lie."Nadia nodded as she gave a weary look between the girls' duo.

Lucrecia nodded as she shared a look with Freya before leaving a scoff."So you don't want to live a lie? Well, grow some fucking ovaries and tell your father you're going to accept the scholarship and go alone. Because you don't need a man or anyone else, Nadia. Be the woman who managed to beat me! The one I admire, dammit!"

Freya backed away in shock from Lucrecia's admission before looking away with an amused smile as Lu hastily corrected her statement with pride.

"The one I can't stand."She readjusted her blazer by squinting at Freya at the sight of her smirk before crossing her arms over her chest as she shook her head with a roll of her eyes."I mean to say 'the one I can't stand'. Because I can't stand you. It's true. Ask Freya."

Freya immediately turned to the brunette sinking deeper into her lie before leaving a broad smile as Nadia just threw herself on Lucrecia's neck to hug her instead of answering. Lucrecia stood motionless for a moment, clearly surprised by the embrace before meeting Freya's proud gaze over Nadia's shoulder.

"People are staring."Chuckled Lu before absently patting Nadia on the back with a sincere smile.

***************