ACT TWO/xi. Only Friends, right ?

"Are you going to run?"

Freya paused at the bottom of the stairs clearly surprised by her father's sudden question. She readjusted her hooded vest over her shoulders as she nodded."Yeah, I need to get some fresh air."

After learning that Valerio was sleeping with Polo and Cayetana... at the same time, she needed more than a loophole. Part of her was still fucking angry only a rational part had seen this pattern before it even came true. It was obvious that this plan to get information from Polo was a damn bad idea. And now she suffered.

To tell the truth, she didn't even know how she should react. Unsurprisingly Lucrecia had been ten times more scandalized than she by the news. After that she kept telling her how much Valerio didn't deserve her tears. Obviously the episode of her party still written in her mind.

Freya had to admit that this Valentine's Day party had not been her brightest moment. Not only had she ridiculed Alvarò but she had also confessed his crush to Luis. And she didn't even talk about the fact that she forced Lu to hold her hair for much of the night while she emptied her stomach into the bowl.

Indeed, this party had been a real disaster for her.

"Mhm ... hard day?" Sandvik easily guessed, visibly as uncomfortable with the little talk as Freya was.

Nevertheless he made an effort and that was probably what mattered most to Freya. She left a small smile on her lips at the thought before letting a sigh pass her lips."More like a long month."

"I think I can understand."Sandvik agreed before lifting his arms over his head to stretch, giving Freya time to realize that he also appeared in sportswear.

She jumped the last step in hesitation before crossing her arms over her chest in a defense mechanism. She shyly walked over to her father before biting lightly on his lower lip."Do you ...do you want us to run together?"

"Really?"Sandvik was immediately surprised before swallowing at the sight of her sincere expression."Yeah, of course."

So that's how Freya found herself running along the streets of Madrid alongside her father. She had to admit that it was kind of weird at first but it was enough for them to get consumed by physical exercise to agree. They made a pretty good team. Her father even encouraged her many times to help her keep his pace without giving up.

Obviously there remained a firm competitor in the soul.

However, it didn't bother Freya as much as she would have imagined.

It was only when they spotted a public fountain that the duo slowed down to a stop to take a well-deserved break. Freya rushed to the fountain clearly breathless while Sandvik gasped at the sight of his daughter's blushing face.

"I knew you had the body of a winner."Hailed Sandvik as Freya straightened up, wiping the drops of water from her chin to make room for him.

Freya let out a slight growl at the feel of her burning lungs before giving a questionable look at her father."All I know is that I might throw up."