iv. Failure is not allowed

Failure - Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.

Freya hastened to accelerate her pace across the Las Encinas corridor, trying to ignore the stiffness along her shoulders and the tiredness already weighing on her mind

She was late.

She stopped suddenly outside the classroom door before knocking timidly on the door.

"Come in !" She pushed the door open with a sincerely sorry expression as she poked her head in the doorway in nervousness."Miss. Bjørkaas, you're late."

"I know. I'm so sorry. It will not happen again." Assured Freya completely ignorant of the attention focused on her before finally laying her eyes on Asucena at the front of the class.

"It's fine, Isadora. She can attend the course." Suddenly declared Asucena, motioning her to enter.

Freya immediately nodded to her in thanks before rushing to the available seat next to her brother in shame and embarrassment. She sat silently at her desk before hurrying out of her business clearly oblivious to the looks in her direction.

She suddenly felt a piece of paper brushing her hand before looking just to leave a small smile at the sight of the note and the bandages.

"Let's go back to yesterday subject." Announced their teacher while Freya made sure to slide Luís' note towards her to read it discreetly.

Late on your second day?
Here, maybe you can go faster if you bandage your feet.

Freya immediately brought her hand to her lips as a new smile threatened to bow her lips before opening her case to retrieve a pen.

My savior. Thanks ...

"Open your books to page 104, please."

Freya pretended to as ask as she turned the pages of her manual before standing up a little as she saw Asucena's back leaving the room. With all that, she had completely forgotten that the principal had been here when she arrived.

A fact that her little brother soon noticed as a new note slide near her hand. She looked confused at her brother again before glancing discreetly at their teacher to unfold the piece of paper.

Asucena came to tell us that one of the guys in our class had had a motorcycle accident. He got hit by a car. It seems to be a hit and run.
The guy is in the hospital ... he spent the night in the operating room.

Freya's eyes widened when she read the news before giving a bewildered look at her little brother. The latter kept his eyes on the board, squinting his lips in recognition before shrugging his shoulders.