ACT TWO/viii. Forgive me

Freya shouldn't even be here

It wasn't a training day and the dance class had already been over for several hours. And yet she was on this floor doing pirouettes. She could feel every member of her body crying for liberation.

Unfortunately she was unable to offer them this respite.

Pain was the only thing that kept her going right now.

It was the only point she could focus on.

So she ignored her weak ankles as she continued to perform her sequence.

Everything was good for forgetting the last days.

*****************

"Thanks, Pablo."Thanked Freya in a monotonous voice as she got out of the sedan before slamming the door.

She ignored the pain down her body as she walked up the stairs to the porch of the mansion. She readjusted the strap of her sports bag over her shoulder before entering. She went to the kitchen to get an energy drink to keep running.

To be honest, that was all she had done on her weekend. She returned only to drink energy drinks before returning to training. Either it was dancing or she was running. Any way was good to keep her away from home and especially from her father.

She hadn't spoken with a family member since the famous opening night for the new guy. She was still far too afraid of what Sandvik could say about Valerio. She had already ruined their chance to get back together. She couldn't bear another damn request from her father.

She had more than enough to live by the commandments of a man who barely knew how to show his love for her.

The family situation of Lu and Valerio had finally made her think.

If Lucrecia seemed genuinely hurt by her father's choice, Freya was not as sure that she would feel the same if she were in the same situation.

The truth was that her relationship with her father died the day she almost lost Luís. Since then she had never really been able to recognize him as the man she had learned to sincerely love. And then it all got worse after that.

Their coming to Las Encinas had awakened Freya.

Her father might not be able to see it but she had already changed enormously since their arrival.

She was no longer the same docile little girl.

She wasted no time in pausing at the sight of her little family gathered around the large table.

The famous Sunday brunch.

She had totally forgotten.

She swallowed as she continued on her way ignoring the looks on her back. She removed the strap from her bag to place it at the feet of the counter before retrieving a glass from one of the cupboards. She took a plate, cutlery before heading to the table, continuing to ignore the insistent looks focused on her.