ACT TWO/xiii. Not the time to be dramatic

Freya looked at her reflection with a slight smile

For the first time in several months, she did not feel forced to display a forced smile. No, for once, she was sincere. And it was probably the best thing that could have happened to her.

Her relationship with Valerio may have ended on a bad note, but she no longer felt trapped. She was ready to really move forward for the better and without the help of a boy this time.

No, she was ready to move forward for herself.

She nodded her head through her mirror at the thought before getting up from her vanity to retrieve her backpack lying on her bed. She put the straps on the way to her door before quickly heading to her brother's room.

She didn't really care for knocking as she took the handle in her hand to open it before pushing the door."Luis, we're going to be-oh my god!"

"Seriously, Freya? Learn to hit!"

She closed the door immediately with a grimace as she could still see Alvarò and her brother in a compromising position before leaving a breath of laughter in spite of herself."Sorry. I didn't know Alvarò was there."

"Obviously."

"Hi, Freya."

Freya left a chuckle in response before reminding her brother to go down for breakfast before heading for the stairs. She went down to the kitchen before greeting Carmen on the way.

"Hey, honey. "

"Did you know that Luis had a guest?" Asked Freya curiously, amused as she closed the door of the fridge behind her before turning to her stepmother.

Carmen hummed with a smile on her lips as she took a sip of her coffee."Mhm-mhm. He seems to come more and more often."

"And you're okay with that?"She asked as she turned to Sandvik who was leaning against the counter.

The latter raised his head from his morning paper before taking his glass of orange juice, shaking his head."He received his acceptance letter for Stanford. He has filled his deal share. I can't really tell him anything."

Freya nodded with a small smile before leaning her hip against the counter."I have not yet received a response from Julliard."

"I am sure you will soon receive the answer." Carmen assured immediately as she approached Freya to give her a larger breakfast than the simple apple she had chosen."They would be crazy for not accepting someone with as much talent as you."

Freya pursed her lips, hoping that her stepmother was right before giving Sandvik a cautious look just to caught him watching her closely. She licked her lips in uncertainty before straightening in spite of herself.

Sandvik shook his head at the sight knowing clearly that there would be no point in saying anything before looking back at his newspaper.

Freya assumed there was a limit to the effort he could make.