viii. Breaking the rules

Rules-If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.

"At my fencing classes, Pablo."

Freya hurriedly tied up, trying to ignore the discomfort of her fencing attire sticking to her still wet skin from her shower. The locker room at the Ballet Studio wasn't the best for relaxing. Even less when she had less than an hour to go to her next class. She didn't have a minute left.

She could already imagine the next few days to come.

She could never keep up.

She gave a sudden trembling breath at the thought before throwing her head back against the headrest. She looked up at the ceiling of her family's black sedan before swallowing as she could again feel the anxiety ball down her throat.

She couldn't screw up this audition.

The chances of working with Hugo Escuarto wouldn't run the streets. Not to mention that her father would never let her live in peace if she failed. Until now she had never failed. Fear was a strong motivator in her case.

But this time it was no longer even a question of fear or motivation. She knew human anatomy and what she could endure. Admittedly, she could push the limits as much as she wanted, but there was always a moment when the body said stop.

However, she could not afford to think so.

She already knew she would go all the way. No matter the consequences to come.

Freya shook her head at the mere thought of the sacrifices she still had to make to achieve excellence before leaning in her seat to retrieve the sports bag from the floor. She pulled the closure to retrieve her bottle of water. She looked back at the tinted window glass as she unscrewed the cap of her bottle before taking a long, deserved sip.

However, the sound of a new notification caught her attention.

She frowned as she glanced over her bottle at her ajar bag just to remove the bottle from her lips at the sight of the many missed calls and messages from Lu. She screwed the cap of her bottle again before reluctantly taking her phone.

She quickly scrolled through the brunette's messages just to feel her resilience diminish a little more with each text. Lucrecia was strong to make her feel guilty. She had even gone so far as to apologize.

A fact which had the gift of calling Freya as she seemed genuinely desperate in her messages.

It would seem that her little plan against the new girl was to organize a small gathering at the blonde's place to prove that she was not that exceptional.

Unfortunately Guzmàn and Valerio had shown up leaving Lucrecia totally distraught since Guzmàn had to be at his sister's mass instead of partying.