xxiv. Revenge

"Well, the fishing was excellent

"Well, the fishing was excellent. Freya's mother was great. I have about 80 people interested in collaborating. They already confirmed." Freya shook her head at Lu's proud voice before holding back a sigh as she suddenly sat down on her notes, preventing her from continuing."Most of them are the parents from this class."

She paused at the sight of Nadia passing between her and Cayetana before making a remark on the disparities between the families.

Freya shook her head barely listening before tugging at her notebook to retrieve it. She ignored the look Lucrecia gave her over her shoulder before shaking her head as she tried to tidy up her things, paying little attention to the conversation going on next to her.

So she straightened up only on the understanding of her name."Yeah, and Freya's performance is tonight. Darling, do you know who you're talking to? I love saying that. It sounds so dramatic."

"And you're not at all imbued with your person." Freya commented as she put her bag over her shoulder before ignoring Lu's look again. She raised her hands in surrender before placing a kiss on Lucrecia's cheek."Later, drama queen."

"I am not a drama queen."

Freya shook her head as she just waved her hand over her shoulder before making her way down the hall. She turned into a new hallway before pausing suddenly at the sight of Samuel and Rebecca in the cafeteria room. She frowned at the sight of their tense position before suddenly startling at the sensation of an arm on her shoulders.

"What's-Valerio." Freya sighed as she met the mischief look of the brown before shaking her head.

She pushed him away for good measure before giving him a look at his speech."Guess who's going to your performance and the charity gala with Lucrecia?"

"She comes accompanied?" Freya wondered before pausing as she signed for the room they were coming from."I just left her. Barely five minutes ago."

"Well, this is the time it takes to catch Guzmàn again in her nets."

Freya winced at the tall blond's  name before suddenly frowning on her boyfriend."Why do you mind? I thought you were friend with him."

Valerio immediately turned his eyes to Freya, swallowing before shrugging casually."It doesn't bother me. She's my half-sister. I'm just worried about her."

"Right. I think Lu is the last person for who need to worry. I have never known anyone as strong as her." Freya commented with a smile completely ignorant of Valerio's gaze on her. She shrugged before returning her admiring eyes to the brown."Anyway, I'm really glad you're coming tonight. I know it's not really the kind of thing you like but--"

"There is no but." Valerio interrupted her immediately as he pulled his finger from her lips before suddenly removing it as he met Nadia's glare over Freya's shoulder. He clenched his jaw as he swallowed before forcing a smile on his lips as he looked back at Freya."See you later, kay?"