ACT TWO/xii. Bruised Heart

"I sometimes regret not having said anything

"I sometimes regret not having said anything."

Freya crossed her arms over her chest as she watched Malick and Nadia in the distance before nodding in spite of herself."I know. I feel bad. Nadia doesn't deserve this. Nor Ander to be honest. He has enough to manage."

"She's looking over here."Lu exclaimed, turning her head the other way, letting Freya do the same."You know what ? What do you think about skipping the party tonight? We could just ... have a girl's party and enjoy some time together."

"Shouldn't you be working on your presentation for college?" Freya asked as she made her way to the classroom with Lu before pausing at the sight of Valerio and Cayetana appearing in a rather intimate moment.

Lu was quick to spot the scene too, letting the brunette Montesinos roll her eyes with a sigh before pulling Freya with her to their seat."Who cares about college when you obviously need a girl night out."

Freya let out a breath of laughter despite her diminished mood before smearing a smile on her lips."Well, that's it then. I would ask Carmen to make her juices that you love so much."

"Oh please, yes!"

****************

Freya let out a sigh as she stopped at the top of the club stairs before briefly scanning the dance floor of the VIP club. Not surprisingly, she quickly noticed Omar observing Malick's entrance before turning to Lucrecia with a sharp look."That's why you wanted to come to the club."

"Well you know me. Sleepovers are cool but club nights are even better. You have to believe that Valerio and I are not that different after all."Lu exclaimed in a half lie to explain her unusual behavior, letting Freya shake her head before dragging her towards the bar.

Honestly it only took a look around the club to see how completely their group of friends unlocked. She had again surprised Samuel to observe Carla while Rebecca seemed strangely preoccupied with something else. Ander was barely standing and Guzmàn wore the usual scowl.

She let out a sigh as she leaned towards Lucrecia while the brunette ordered their drink."Take me a martini, please. I'm going to go to the bathroom."

"Don't be too long, darling."

Freya rolled her eyes to her usual nickname for her before making her way through the bodies rubbing against each other.

However, it was not long before she paused in front of the boys' entrance at the sight of Valerio making his little deal within the club. She crossed her arms as she watched him trade drugs for money before clenching her jaw as he paused at her sight. She shook her head in frustration before continuing on her way.

However, she soon felt a hand on her wrist forcing her to turn back sharply on her heels to keep him from touching her."Don't, Valerio!"

"Freya ..."