Chapter1

She walked down the street swinging the bag on her hand enjoying the breeze sweetly slap her cheek.

Rinnng rinnngg

She groaned pulling out her phone from her Jean pocket and looked at the caller ID.

mom

Knowing what her mom was going to say she attended the call.

"Mom it's only been 5minutes since i came out of the house, did you forget something? Should I buy something?"

"I just called to tell you that you better be back home fast and safe cause it's already 10. It's too late and there is news of gang kidnapping and stuffs, be careful"

"Mom" she whined stomping her leg on the ground"stop worrying so much, i'll be back soon. I reached the store already" she looked up at the dark sky.

"Yah Song Hyeri I'm your mom. I should be worried about you. You better come fast."

"Ok my lady" she sighed and smiled.

"Yes bye"

"Byeeeeeoooooo" she sang and cut the call.

Her mom was like her best friend and she loved to pick fights with her mom cause it was fun seeing her mom's reaction. Even though she wasn't her biological mother she raised hyeri since she was a baby and hyeri considers her as her own mom no matter what.

About her actual mom and dad, she never really had any idea of where they were, or what they looked like, she knew absolutely nothing.

She slid her phone in her pocket and went inside the convenience store.

She wanted to have tteokboki so she adamantly came to buy it even though her mom refused it many times.

Once purchased she came out of the store zipping on her jacket as cold breeze hit her skin. She looked at the streets, no one was around. It was engulfed with the silence giving an eerie effect.

Though she was a little scared to walk alone in the dark at that time she mustered up her confidence and walked her way.

She never knew that the place where it's always lively with people moving around in the morning would look this scary in the night.

Hugging herself for the cold she took big steps. Didn't know why, while coming, the way seemed shorter but while returning it was long.

Only a few places had street lights illuminating it.

As she was going she heard something fall down with a ting from behind her making her immediately stop on her tracks. She gulped down,

"there is lots of news of gang kidnapping and stuffs"

She remembered her mom's words as she clenched her fist and slowly turned responding to the sound.

She saw a can fallen on the ground.

'it must be the can. Nothing else. I'm absolutely fine' she boosted herself brushing it off and started walking again.

But then she heard something else terrifying, her face now going pale. For once never questioning her brain for hallucinations or ears for false sounds.

She heard someone scream in agony and pain.

It was emerging from somewhere near her. Being the curious girl,even though she was scared she followed in the direction of the sound and stopped when she heard it closer.

Hiding behind the wall she slowly peeped to look beyond it.

Her eyes widened when she saw a man, kneeling down panting hard and his hands tied back, bleeding lips, bloodshot eyes. Just near him was another man standing with his back facing her. Tall and muscular he looked.