Heat❗

She tells herself she's going over to her apartment to return the book Lena lent to her last week, but when the door swings open and Lena is standing there, her black hair tousled, the color high in her cheeks, Kara forgets about the book in her hand. She forgets to breathe. Or speak. [Alpha Kara/Omega Lena]

"Hi," Lena says. She sounds breathless.

Kara's gaze sweeps over Lena's body, covered only in a light bathrobe. The flimsy material clings to her damp skin, and Kara feels her mouth water at the thought of running her hands along the curves on display.

"Hi," she returns, gasping in a breath and getting swamped with a hit of pheromones so potent she feels light headed. Lena smells like dew-draped mornings and ocean breezes and violets. And she's in heat. Kara is sure of it. She can practically taste it in the air between them.

The weeks of lingering looks, flirty comments, teasing remarks-it all seems to come to a head in this moment, with an open door and a see-through robe and an undeniable coincidence that probably isn't a coincidence at all: Her rut is hitting at the same moment that Lena's heat is coming into full swing.

"I forget why I came," Kara admits, her nostrils flaring as she takes in the sight of Lena's peaked nipples clearly visible through the robe.

Lena glances at the volume clutched loosely in the godlet's hand. "To return my book?"

Kara swallows hard and takes off her glasses, realizing she doesn't need to bother with any part of her charade when she's with this woman. She tucks them into her back pocket, then smiles wryly at the green-eyed, raven-haired omega. "I think that was just an excuse, to be honest."

Lena returns the smile and takes a step towards the blonde, deliberately invading her space. Her sudden proximity is accompanied by a fresh wave of pheromones and Kara can't help but rumble softly in her throat, her wolf called to the surface by the closeness of an omega in heat, her body ripe and ready for the taking.

"I was just thinking about you," Lena says conversationally. She rests her hand in the center of Kara's chest and presses a fleeting kiss to the alpha's jaw.

"You were?" Kara asks. She clenches her hands into fists at her sides, fighting not to grab Lena and stake her claim right then and there.

Lena nods, enjoying the rising tension she senses thrumming through Kara's taught muscles. So beautiful, so strong, so cosmic. She feels her body clench deep inside and fights to contain a whimper. "I was taking a bath and thinking about how nice it would be if you flew through the window and joined me."

"I thought I should use the front door-for now."

"I wouldn't have minded the bathroom window." Lena pauses and meets Kara's eyes. "There's also a lovely picture window in the bedroom."

"Is that a proposition?"

Lena shudders as another sharp ache rolls through her abdomen, settling like a pool of molten lava between her legs. "God, yes," she gasps, pulling Kara inside and slamming the door shut behind her.

Before she can even take her next breath, Kara has her pinned to the wall in her foyer, her thighs already rocking insistently between her spread legs. Lena can feel the growing bulge in Kara's pants pressing against her center and she grinds down against it shamelessly, desperately seeking friction to relieve the heat searing through her.