The Aftermath❗

Kara is hurt and Lena finds out how and why. They argue, Kara has a panic attack, they work it out and have a very special date.

"It's been a hell of a day today" Lena murmured, her head resting on Kara's shoulder.

"Tell me about it" she sighed in response.
Lena's day was filled with emergency boardmeetings after yet another escape from Lillian and Kara's day was filled with chasing leads as Supergirl and as a Junior Reporter.

"I'm so sorry to drag you into this Kara. You wouldn't get this much crap if you werent friends with me" Lena said apologetically.
"No don't even think that. I'll always be by your side Lena" she said as she wrapped her hand over her shoulder, a crinkle between her eyebrows.
Her fingers gently squeezing Lena's shoulder and she took the hint and leaned against Kara heavily.

A pained grunt escaped her lips at her weight pressed against her sides and Lena shot backwards.
"Kara are you okay?" worry seeping through her eyes and words.
"Ye-yeah I'm fine" was the blondes answer through gritted teeth.

She hadn't told Lena yet about her dual personality, she tried to, many times, but in the end she'd get too scared and backed out.
As Kara was lost in thought Lena gently, but firmly, placed her hand on her ribs and Kara shot up, a loud hiss escaping her lips.
"Fine my ass! Kara you're hurt! What happened? Who did this to you?" Her words tumbled out of her lips, anger, fear and worry lacing every letter of the words.

"I-its nothing to worry about. It'll heal quickly" she tried to direct Lena away from the questions, trying to find a way to not have to tell her about the supersuit hanging in her closet a few yard away from them.
"Why won't you tell me, Kara? You can tell me anything. Did you get too close to Cadmus? Did she do this to you?" there was no need for a name, they both know exactly who Lena meant with "she".
Kara nodded, her eyes on her hands fiddling with the end of the blanket on her lap.

"Did you report it?" she asked softly and Kara shook her head "there was no need for that"
Lena groaned in exasparation "NO NEED!?" Kara flinched at the volume.
"She needs to be held responsible Kara! You need to report this to the police. She ATTACKED you Kara! I- I can't lose you too" a soft sob escaped her throat at remembering the losses she had endured.

"Lena I- you won't lose me. I promise. I just- she got the upper hand on me with her goons" tears threatened to fall from the other girl "Kara why would you even get that close to her in the first place? You know how dangerous she is!" her voice raising slightly causing Kara to wince again.
"Because I have to" she whispered, partially hoping that she wouldn't hear her, but Lena's confused stare told her otherwise.
"Why? Because you need to report on it? Let the cops handle it! Let Supergirl handle this! She can do this without a reporter" Lena pleaded with Kara.

"Kara please, don't go after her. I'm begging you!" a few lone tears escaped her eyes as she tried to blink them away.
"Lena I- I have to go after her. I can't just sit here. People are in danger if I don't do this"

"Kara YOU'RE in danger if you do this! I am begging you, let Supergirl handle this!" She couldn't keep the plea from her voice, breaking at the end of the sentence.
"But I am Supergirl Lena! Don't you see, that's why I have to go after her! Thats why I can't let this go! I HAVE to protect this city. I have to protect YOU!"
Lena was silent throughout the confession, her mind trying to catch up with Kara's word vomit.
"She got the upper hand on me because she threatened to kill you to slow me down, so I would be too distracted to go after her. She told me what you were up to and I focussed on your heartbeat and she shot me with a Kryptonite ray gun, it broke three ribs"

Kara looked up with hesitant and scared eyes, trying to find what Lena was thinking.
"Lena?" She whispered, afraid to speak too loudly and scare off the brunette.
"Y-you're her?" Her jaw was tense, the muscle tensing in her anger "why didn't you tell me? Scared I'd pull a Lex?" nothing but pure hurt flashed through her eyes and a few tears escaped her eyes.