Chapter 1

Summer 1965
Joe Hunter was a man full of pride and took pride in the many things he owned. Which was a lot, He would often tell people about all the hard work he put to create this life of luxury for himself and his family. But really everything he has was passed down to him. Generational wealth. Joe hunter wanted to keep that wealth forever and ever. He and his wife Mary made the smart decision to move back into the house joe was raised in. 

The house was now furnished and looked nothing like a plantation is that what it was? He moved to Mississippi selfishly making the best decision that would help him gain more money not caring about their 10-year-old son Wesley. His eldest daughter Casey couldn't care less. Wesley was a Quiet boy who didn't want to move to the south because it was very hard for him to make friends. And now he will have to start all over again. Good thing they were moving and it was summer.

Wesley was now sitting in the back seat of the car. They were officially driving to the house. They told Wesley no details just that. "We're moving!." His mother happily.
Wesley gave his mother a half smile. He looked over to his sister Casey who was sleeping. She's a deep sleeper. He was looking at all the trees passing by and counting each one. Then the car was pulling into a gas station. " gotta get some gas." Joe said turning and looking at his wife. Wesley leaned forward and looked around. Joe came out of the car and was filling the tank. Just then a tap on the window from his father signals him to come out.  Wesley came out of the and closed the door. "Here boy goes and get you some snacks for you and your mother and a beer for me," Joe told his son. "Which kind?" Wesley asked. Squinting his eyes from the sun on his face. "Any," Joe said lighting a cigarette. just as Wesley was going to walk away the window was rolled down. "Wesley baby also get me some water." She hollered, "yea yea" Wesley waved her off.

He began walking to the store he went inside and was looking at all the things his father asked him to buy. Once he grabbed all the items he went to the self-checkout the black man looked down and smiled down at him. Wesley looked down. He knew better than to return the gesture to someone of his kind Wesley was just thankful his father wasn't here he would a told him off. "Where's the bathroom?" Wesley asked. "Down to the ri-" the man pointed and Wesley did not even let him finish just went. The man frowned at the rude entitled boy.

Wesley heard a noise coming from the bathroom there was a creak in the door it sounded like a girl was dying or something. Once he opened it he saw a woman and a man the girl was on the wall her pink nails pressed to it, facing her back towards him her pants were down as well as her underwear the man was thrusting hard into her. Wesley stood there eyes widened. The girl then turn and faced him and saw Wesley standing there. "Oh, shit Blake I thought you said you closed the door?" The girl pushed him off and pulled up her pants. "I could have sworn I did." The man with the mustache and the dirty women beater moves closer to Wesley and went down and whispered "hey kid buzz off a man's tryna get some!" He closed the door in Wesley's face.

Wesley stood there and turned around. And he went back to the cash register now he knows why his mother tells him to not use public bathrooms. Always listen to your mom's kids. Wesley to the bag with the stuff in it and left the store. "Dammit boy what took you so long!" Joe complained. Wesley got into the car and handed his mom her water as well as the beer his father asked for. He got himself some soda pop and candy. Though it wasn't good for his braces he didn't really care. Then they continued their trip to Mississippi.