Chapter 7

Sumiko's POV

We are now outside the gate, and we are not that far when Hange suddenly shout something. I heard loud crashing noises making me tilt my head. My eyes widened a little, so that is a Titan. It's true that they are naked and they really looked like a human. But still it's creepy, I saw some of the soldier stopped it as we continued going forward. Also, they didn't even mentioned me what is their goal in going outside. When we are far enough Erwin signaled something and the others went to the other direction. While we keep going straight.

I heard Levi mentioned formation before going out, so I think this is the formation. I heard a gun shooting and I can see red smoke, Hange told me that if they shoot red it means they spotted a titan. Another shooting can be heard and then a green smoke can be seen. Levi noticed it but he kept on going straight. Minutes of going forward a black smoke can be seen, they encountered an abnormal titan huh. But something is weird, we didn't see some of the cadets regroup from us and they kept on shooting green smokes.

" Oulou, you shoot." Levi ordered, the man with light brown hair nods and shoot the green color smoke. I kept on noticing this while we continued going forward, I can smell some bloods and also titan's scent. But some of them is different, a mixture of human and a titan.

" Le-"

" Reporting Sir! There is an attack from the rear, the sight wing suffered from severe casualties, parts of the formation is no longer functional. Please pass this message to the left." I was cut when a cadet appeared, Levi didn't said anything and tilt his head to face Petra.

" You heard it right Petra? Go." Levi said as Petra started going left, something really is weird here. I need to tell about Levi that I detect something really weird. As I speak another black smoke appeared. Levi then ordered Eren to shoot and he did it.

" Look at that now, they managed to reach this deeo into our formation." I heard Levi mumbled, okay I'll take this time to tell it.

" Levi." He slowly tilt his head to face me. " My nose detect something weird, I can smell something more than blood of some cadets. It was a human mixed with titan scent." I said, he didn't said anything. Also I forgot that I didn't mentioned that I have a keen nose.

" I see. We don't have a choice but keep going. Is it near towards us?" He asked making me nod, we didn't stopped and kept on going. Petra then regrouped to us, we also entered the forest, the tree was so big and tall, I have an advantage to fight a titan in this place.

" Captain Levi!" Eren yelled making me face him a little, I can sense he was a little bit nervous.

" What?" Levi asked coldly, making Eren widened his eyes in Levi's reply.

" Were in the forest, we don't know when will the titan approach an d something seems to be approaching us from the right. How can we avoid the titan?" Eren asked with panicked voice.

" Don't asked that stupid question, look aroun you Eren. A forest with huge trees, it's a location where we can fight with our Maneuver Gear." Levi said, well he has a point. Eren didn't said anything and just followed us. I can see that some of Levi's squad is shaking in fear, most likely panicking. Also, I think they don't know what the situation is, I don't know also but judging from Levi's calm face. He had planned something with Erwin. We heard a shoot from behind us and it was color black.

" It's that thing who is been chasing us from the right!" I heard one of Levi's men spoke. I felt Levi grabbed his sword while facing infront. He then ordered them to draw their swords.

" If that thing decides to show itself, we won't have the time to escape." He said, he then faced me making me also face him. " Brat, if we are going to fight, you will run together with this horse and inform Erwin." He said, I can't believe him saying that. I can't just leave them.