Chapter 20

Sumiko's POV
I was alone again, Levi needs to meet Erwin together with Eren and the others. Annie was also summoned, I was supposed to be there but I convince Erwin that I need to check the two titan shifters who didn't even decided to join. He agreed but Levi didn't agreed at first, thankfully I convinced him to let me check them.

I slowly opened the door as I walk down the stairs, and then walk towards their cell. Both of them faced me seriously and I also faced them seriously. I grabbed the chair for me to sit cause I hate standing up while waitinh for their answers.

" You already know why am I here." I said, they didn't said anything and wait for them to talk. I can't still believe I did something like this, if they are a demon then I didn't hesitate and killed them. But their power is so strong so we need it to defeat our enemy. If they will join our forces, knowing that they can easily be convinced it will really take too long for me to convinced them.

" Just kill us already." As expected they really declined to my offer. They only follow their leader's order, the only choice I had is to find him. " But why can't you give up in convincing us?" Reiner asked making me smile at them.

" I already told you, we can't be free if you keep on fighting. The only thing we need to do is kill the real enemy of humanities. Not titan, but Marley." Their eyes widened when I told them that. " I also know that he is the reason why titans appeared." They didn't said anything and just lowered their head making me sigh.

" If you want to be free, the only thing to do is defeat the enemy. That's why I'm asking for your help, eveyrone in this world is already tired and suffering." I continued, still they didn't said anything making me stand up to leave them.

" We will help you." I stopped and faced Reiner who spoke. Berholt didn't said anything and just stared at me. I secretly prepared my sword to be ready if they escape as I grabbed the key and unlock the prison gate. I then remove their handcuffs making them stand and stretch their hands. I started walking making them followed me.

" So why did you decide to help us?" I asked while tilting my head a little to look at them.

" The two of us are already tired escaping and avoiding soldiers so we decided to just join forces with them." Bertholt replied.

" But I know one of them will still not forgive us." Reiner said making me humned in response. He is right, I don't know if Eren will still forgive them. I didn't said anything and keep on walking, lots of them hate them for killing one of their friends and family. But now that they are slowly trusting Annie again I'm sure they will also trust this two.

" Why are you here!?" Now that I heard Eren's angry voice, we faced him and he dashed towards Reiner grabbing his collar. " Why did you come out!?" I sighed and shook my head before pushing him away from Reiner who didn't said anything.

" Eren, calm down. They join forces with us." I said making him widened his eyes, Eren's voice was loud enough making Mikasa and the other cadets who knows Reiner appeared. And as expected they were showing angry face to them making me sighed again. Annie was just staring at them not saying anything also. " Don't worry, if they escape and do something bad, I won-"

" I will take responsibility of them." I heard Levi's voice and saw him getting out from the headquarters. He then approached me and pulled me behind him while facing the two males. " If they escape or do something then I won't hesitate to cut their head off." He said seriously making everyone didn't said any words. As expected to the strongest soldier of  humanity.

" But Captain, they are traitors we don't know if they will do it again." Armin said with fear and angry voice.

" Like I said, I will stop them. The two of you get inside, Erwin needs to meet you also you Annie." He ordered making Reiner and Bertholt answered and went inside together with Annie.