Chapter 19

Sumiko's POV

" Brat wake up." I heard Levi's voice waking me up but I just wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head to his shoulder. I felt his hand on my back supporting me, I feel so comfortable that I don't want to wake up in his hold. I heard him chuckled but it's not that loud, still I heard him. " You still need to make dinner right?" He gently said making me whine and faced him.

" I didn't told you that, how did you know?" I mumbled while rubbing my eyes and still leaning my head to his shoulder. He didn't said anything and faced me, I really don't want to wake up. " But I don't want to, I feel comfortable in here~"

" Just wake up brat, you can sit in my lap anytime." He replied while smirking making me blush and gently stand up. After saying that his eyes was now fucosed to the paperworks making me sigh, he really is a busy person. I wonder if he had a free time to relax or even went outside to eat. But of course being the clean person he is, I bet he will clean all the headquarters. I approached him and kissed his cheeks.

" I'll call you if dinner is ready." I said and went out starting to head at the mess hall. I'm still amazed by myself that I can kiss him without being flustered and embarrassed. But I guess I'm already used to it and also I'm a person who easily showed my emotions to Levi. I slowly opened the the door and saw Eren together with the others, while Annie was sitting alone separate with them.

" Sumiko, Hange-san told me that you will cook dinner. What will it be?" Armin asked whith a smile in his face, I also smiled and approached them.

" I still need to check the ingredients before cooking." I said making him humned in response. I then went to the kitchen, there I saw the cleaned and butchered meat in the table. Looking at how big it is, it can easily feed all the cadets including me and Levi. I then wrapped the apron around my waist and tied my hair into a bun. After fixing myself I kneeled down and check the ingredients below. I smiled knowing that they have stock of carrots and potatoes.

" Do you need help Sumiko?" Kri-Historia then appeared together with Ymir beside her. I smiled and nod my head, Historia is now fine. When I saw her last time she is gloomy and can't even talk that much. But I guess having Ymir besides her cheer her up, now that I checked the vegetables time to check for the seasonings.

" Can the two of you cut the vegetables?" I asked Historia and she agreed happily before washing the vegetables. Ymir didn't said anything and followed Historia. I opened the other shelf and I'm so lucky to find a seasoning that was not yet touched, I smiled when my nose smell a very familiar scent to it.

" What will you cook?" Ymir suddenly asked while chopping the potatoes, I humned in response and placed the seasoning to the table and approached the meat.

" Curry." I replied, it's been a while since I cook curry and I'm so lucky that I found a meat and seasonings here for curry. But before I cut the meat, I slowly peaked to the window where I can see the others happily chatting to each other.

" Annie." I said making Annie turn her back to face me, Eren and the others also looked at Annie making me smile at her. " Can you give me a hand?"  I asked, she sighed and raised up as she approached me.

" How can I help you?" I then point at the meat making her sighed again and approached it without saying anything. My smile didn't disappeared and decided to help Historia who is cutting the carrots. I can't just let Annie to be  left out so, everyone still didn't trust her and I feel sad about it.

****
I smiled when I can smell the beautiful aroma of the curry that I was cooking. Smelling it makes my stomach grumble in hunger, it's really been a while since  I cook food like this. We have meat and also vegetable but fish is missing.