Chapter 18

Sumiko's POV
It's already morning and I was at Levi's room to check it since I didn't sleep in here last night. A smile appeared in my lips, it's still clean no dirt or messy papers. I then went out to see Annie, some cadets who is with me didn't still trust Annie. I already explained to them that she is not an enemy but it seems they still can't accept her. I went to the mess hall and there I saw Annie eating alone. I approached her and sit besides her while she face me.

" You're not going to eat?" She asked making me smile and shook my head.

" I'm still full." I replied, she didn't said anything and continued eating. I also didn't said anything and faced infront, some of the cadets are eating silently. I slowly stand up and approach the kitchen shelf. As expected the only food placed on it was bread and ingredients for soup. I sighed, if I can only hunt foods right now to taste some meat.

" Hey, Annie do you know some place where I can hunt?" I asked as I faced her, she stared at me for a while before nodding. My eyes sparkled as I approached her and grabbed her hands. " Can you show me?"

" Sure but I'm not going to help you." She replied, I just nod. I hope I can really hunt some meat, I grabbed my sword and followed Annie who is going somewhere. But the place where we are going is near towards the headquarters making me sweatdropped. I didn't even know that there is a forest near the base. Or I just didn't checked it and just ignored it.

" Are you sure some I can hunt in here?" I asked while staring at the forest, I remember Sasha told me that she nearly hunt a boar in here. Annie didn't said anything making me sighed and started walking forward. She was just following me behind, I started using my nose to track the scent. But I always smell the scent of trees, flowers and grasses.

Minutes had passed and still I cannot find a boar, but my nose reacted into one smell making me smile and dashed towards it leaving Annie behind. I slowly pulled out my sword when I saw a big boar eating something. It seems noticed me cause it slowly turned to face me. The boar flinched and started getting away, but of course I'm faster enough to cut it's head. Blood got scattered in my clothes making me whine, now that my clothes is dirty I used it to wipe my sword and put it back.

I stared at the boar, who is bleeding so much, I feel guitly cutting it's head but it's the only choice to kill him. I heard footsteps and I turned back to see Annie, she stopped and her eyes widened slightly.

" Let's go back." I cheerfully said and grabbed the boar's legs started pulling it but it's to heavy for my short body.

" Let me carry it." Annie suddenly said and carried the boar. I'm a little bit shocked that she can really carry that heavy and huge boar. I just smiled and followed her.

" Hey Annie, why did you trust me?" I asked, she slightly tilt her head and didn't said anything.

" I don't know." She said making me humned in response. " But I know that I can really trust you more than anyone else." She continued making me widened my eyes. It's my first time hearing words like that, I didn't said anything and just smiled. I trust her also, but I don't know if she will break that trust.

" A-Annie!? How did you get out from the cell!?" I heard Eren's voice making me walk infront her, earning a shocked expression from them. Mikasa suddenly grabbed my hand while the others point their blade at her.

" Sumiko, you're bleeding. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Armin asked making me smiled awkwardly.

" I think you're misunderstanding something guys." I said and break away from Mikasa's grip while walking towarda Annie. " I'm not bleeding, this blood is from the boar that we hunted." I said while pointing at the boar which Annie was carrying.