You/Lillian Luthor - Family

Summary: You're sick 

Prompt by: Leliana-Obscurion 

You thanked the doctor as he left your room. His news wasn't good. You had tried to be hopeful before he came over but what he told you basically meant that you just had a few days to live. It was a grim reminder that you weren't going to be able to watch Lex and Lena grow older. That you weren't going to be able to spend the rest of your life with Lillian. A knock was heard and you quickly wiped away your tears. 

"Momma! I passed my test! Are we going to get the ice cream you promised me?"

You gave Lena smile and patted your lap so she can sit on you. She eagerly climbs on your lap and shows you her test score. 

"Very good, Lena. I knew you were going to ace your test. Like I promised. We'll go get your ice cream later tonight. Where's mommy and Lex?"

Lena shrugs and lays back down to rest her head on your shoulder. 

"Mommy said that she needed to talk to him."

You nod and ran your fingers through her hair, knowing it would make her sleepy. It's a matter of minutes before she falls asleep. Just in time for Lillian to come in. 

"Our brilliant daughter aced her test."

"She did. She also told me that you promised her that we would all be going to get her ice cream....you know that you can't leave the room, (y/n). You're too sick to go out."

You sigh and shake your head. 

"Dr. Smith, came to tell me my results."

"And? What did he say? Did he say they were going to be able to do the surgery?"

You could tell that Lillian was barely holding it together. It had been a long year and the two of you were so tired from the constant bad news and results. 

"I only have a couple of days left. It's too advanced to perform any surgery."

"No!"

"Lillian..." you whisper to her. "Lena is sleeping."

"I....I can't. I don't want to lose you. There must be a way. We need to figure out a way to save you. I'm just not going to sit back and let you die."

"Lillian, it's too late for me. Dr. Smith, said that there's nothing that can be done for me. We need to prepare Lex and Lena. We have to tell them what's going to happen."

Lillian shook her head, she refused to believe you were going to die in a few days. 

"No. I'm not going to lose you. We've been through so much."

"Lil...."

You tried to call for her but she had left. You sighed and laid back down on the bed. Had you only pushed for them to continue testing you, they would have caught it sooner. 

X

Hours later and Lena is finally awake, she gently shakes you awake. 

"Moooom. Moooooom. Momma!"

You're startled by her yells, almost causing you to push her off.

"Lena, honey. What did I tell you about scaring me away?"

Lena looks down, knowing that she wasn't suppose to do it. 

"To not do it."

She mumbled. You smiled and kissed her cheek.

"That's right. I'm guessing you woke me up so we can go get your ice cream."

Lena nods happily, excited to finally go out. It had been so long since the entire family had gone out together. You were always stuck on the bed.