Chapter 8

Liana's POV

I woke up to a strange bang. It was still dark outside so I checked my phone to see the time. 3:00. The witching hour. This house was definitely haunted. I open my door to hear footsteps in the kitchen so I quickly go in JJ's room to wake him as he was closer.

"JJ" I whispered trying to wake him. He rose from his bed rubbing his eyes and grunted.

"I think there's someone downstairs" I say. He gets up and goes down empty handed. "Don't you need a bat or something?" I whisper so I don't draw attention to us.

He gets his fists out as he goes into the kitchen but then he just stands still and tuts. He goes back upstairs so I see what's in the kitchen. It was Josh.

"Josh you scared me, I thought that someone broke in so I got JJ". He shook his head and hugged me. Then he took me back upstairs into my room and tucked me in.

"Don't be silly. Now go to sleep. We've got a busy day later on and I don't want you to be tired." He says. It was Saturday and I think the party was today. I said goodnight to him and fell back to sleep.

———————— Little skip

I woke up again due to a bad dream. I always have these bad dreams. Ever since what happened. I checked my phone to see that it was 10am.

I get dressed into my grey joggers and a black crop top with the word honey printed. Pick above. I don't really know why but if I wear joggers I have to wear crop tops. They just go.

I slipped on my yellow airforce and walked downstairs. I went into the living room and sat on the sofa putting on the tv. JJ comes in and snatches the remote off me.

"Excuse me?" I say. I don't know if he didn't mean to or just did it to be rude.

"You said you didn't know who we were. So you're gonna watch us." He says putting on a sidemen tinder video. He leaves the room and I'm just left to sit there and watch this YouTube video.

I start laughing a bit of the way through the video and I see a tall figure watching me from the door. I turn around to see Simon. He has a pack of egg tarts in his hands.

He walks over to me and sits down besides me. I grab the tarts out his hand and give him one as there was two in one pack. He looks really sleepy. His hairs a mess and his eyes were half closed.

"Are you enjoying the video" he asks. His voice was so deep and croaky. I looked in his eyes and they glowed blue. They were beautiful. I nodded and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Who's coming to the party later?" I ask him.
"I don't think I'm meant to tell you." Simon says.
"Tell her what?" Josh says in the doorway.
"Who's coming to the party?" I ask Josh this time. He taps his nose and walks away.

I grab Simons hand and I run up the stairs to the third floor. "What are you doing?" he asks. But I ignored him and went into the guest bedroom. I walked in and opened the sliding doors onto the balcony. "Liana no" Simon says. But I ignored him and jumped onto the roof.

"Get down" I hear. But the more people tell me to do something, the more I want to rebel.

"Come catch me Simon" I say dancing on the roof. He looks shit scared and it's funny. He gets on the roof with me and slowly walks over to me. I stand still on the top of the roof waiting for him to get he.

He gets up closer to me and grabs hold of my hand. And then the other one. He looks really scared but I don't know why. He moves his hands from mine and around my neck bringing me in for a hug.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. Why was he hugging me?

"No one deserves to go through what you went through" he whispers into my hair. He's being silly. I'm over it now.

"Things happen for a reason" I said loosening up the hug. I slide down the roof and back onto the balcony and ran inside. I don't know if Simon followed after me. He shouldn't really care about me.

I make my way into the living room and I see Freya. We watch movies together until it's time for the party.