Chapter 22

Simon's POV

Liana has stayed with us for about a week. She always keeps her door locked and the only time we see her is when she goes to the toilet. I haven't seen her come down for food in like 3 days.

JJ always complains about how much it smells of weed and the loud music she plays at 3am. She just needs our help but we can't get to her.

It's around 5am and I'm in the kitchen on my phone. I hear footsteps coming into the kitchen and it's Liana.
"Hey" she laughs. Is she happy.
"Hiya baby girl. Are you ok?" I ask her nicely.

She comes up to me and gives me and hug. Then she goes to look out the window. It was still really dark outside and there was a thunderstorm. She opens the door and walks out into the freezing cold rain. I watch her to see what she's doing and she just falls down onto the grass.

I go out to help her but she won't move. I picked her up really easy. She's lost a shit load of weight from the last time I saw her. I bring her inside and get her a towel. I come back and wrap her in it.

"Do you wanna go to McDonald's?" I ask her she laughs and runs out side to my car. I follow after her and we go off to McDonald's.

"When did you sleep last?" I ask her. She had really heavy bags under her eyes.
"Erm I think it was at 12" she says. She seemed normal. Like her old self kind of.
"Ok that's good" I tell her. She begins to laugh her head off. "What's so funny?" I ask.
"12 on Monday" she laughs. I didn't bother telling her off. Maybe that's why she's like this.

"What do you want from McDonald's?" I ask her.
"Nuggets" she says
"NUGGETS?!?!" I say back to her. She laughs again.

We get our food and I decide to park under a light so we can eat. I hand her her nuggets and I get out my burger. I watch her eat. She gets out a little plastic bag and swallows one of the pills that was in the bag. I grab the bag off her to inspect the pills. She just laughs.

"Ecstasy?" I say. She just shrugs. I put them in my pocket so she can't get them.
"Simon pleaseeee, I got them for free!" How did she get them for free.
"Where do you get all the money from to buy the drugs?" I ask her. She lies back in her seat with her nuggets untouched.
"Sex" she sighs.
"Come on, eat your nuggets" I tell her.

She opens her door and vomits. I hold her hair back for her. She is a mess. Maybe nuggets aren't the best for her. She gets back into the car and lies back into her chair. I start to drive back home.

We get back and Liana's fell asleep in the car. I pick her up and carry her to her bedroom. When I get to the bedroom I turn her light on revealing pictures all over the walls and ripped up pages on her bed. I put her down on the bed and look closely at what was on the walls. I had to step over all the alcohol bottles that were thrown onto her floor. She's gone crazy.

I look at the pictures to see dead bodies everywhere. Old black and white pictures of people hanging other people. People being thrown in lava. It was horrible. I run to Josh's room and wake him up.

"Josh you need to come and see this" I tell him.
"Fuck off simon it's like 6 in the morning".
"It's Liana." I say. He gets up and runs to her room then pauses at the door. He looks at the pictures on the wall and the bottles on the floor then at Liana.

"She hasn't eaten in days" I tell him. "I tried to take her to McDonald's to get nuggets. Before she ate them she took one of these" I say showing him the pills that were in my pocket.
"Ecstasy?" He asks. I nod my head. He gets down on his knees and looks at her body on the bed.

She wakes up and smiles at Josh. She puts her hand on his cheek.
"Hey" she smiles.
"Hey you" he says back. She gets up and gives him a hug. She sees me and opens her arms out for me to join.
"I'm sorry guys" she says.
"You're not" Josh says back to her.
"I know" she laughs and lies back into her bed. She turns to the other side of the bed and grabs a bottle of alcohol. Josh just looks at me really disappointed.
"Liana..." I say. "Do you wanna go play in the rain" I ask her. She puts the bottle down and gets up really excited.
"Let's put some warmer clothes on. You're only wearing a T-shirt".

Josh gets out some joggers and a hoodie. I help her take her T-shirt off and put the hoodie on. Josh didn't mind because she needed the help. The T-shirt had vomit stains all over it anyways. I help her change her underwear and then put the joggers on. She stands up but falls down straight away.

"I got you don't worry" I tell her as I held her up. She walks down to the back door and walks out onto the grass. Me and Josh watch her from the window as she dances around.

"Can you look after her please, I'm going to tidy up her bedroom and take that lock off her door."
"Ok bro. She'll get better soon. Won't she?"
"I don't know anymore Simon. Let's just look after her together". He says and walks to tidy up Liana's room.

I go outside to see Liana on the ground. It's stopped raining now but the grass was still a wet. I walk over to her and lie down next to her. The sun was coming up so we watched it rise.

"I don't need you Simon" Liana says
"Yes you do" I tell her
"You can't help me. I'm broken" She says. I lay on my stomach and face her.
"You're not broken, we can fix you." I reassure her.
"You can't, they are coming for me Simon, I used to be able to fight them off but now I can't. I've given up. I can't do this anymore" she starts crying. I wipe her tears away with my sleeve of my hoodie.
"No ones going to get you. I told you before and I'll tell you again, I'm going to keep you safe. You just need to believe me".

She falls silent with her eyes staring at the clouds. I go inside and decide to do what's best for everyone. I call the doctors and ask them when they can see Liana. They said today at 2 because it sounded quite urgent. Hopefully she's going to get the help she needs. I tell Josh and he thanked me.