Chapter 34: Heaven Can Wait For You

Treasure

I fluttered my eyes open and seen nothing but white. I got up and looked confused. Where am I and how did I get here? I walked around trying to find anyone that can tell me anything.

"Treasure Box." I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. My heart sank and I ran to her.

"Granny?" I sobbed. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too sweet pea." She smiled.

"A-am I dead?"

"Come on let's chat." I nodded and walked with her. "I've been watching you every step of the way Treasure Box and I have to say I'm so proud of you. Although you went in the wrong direction sometimes you never lost ya faith in God."

"I always thought you'll be disappointed in me."

"Everyone makes mistakes. I would only be disappointed if you've never learned from those mistakes. Ya mama keeps making the same mistake over and over again and I'm not understanding where she comes from."

"That's your daughter Granny." I chuckled.

"She must be like her Father." She laughed. I missed hearing her laugh. I missed everything about her. Everyone always says that ya mama is your first best friend but the way things turned out my Granny was my first best friend. She potty trained me, taught me how to read, and taught me the word of God. If you seen me then you seen my Granny unless I was at school.

"Mommy." I turned around and seen a little girl running our way. I furrowed my eyebrows and she ran in for a hug. "I miss you mommy."

"Janice, tell mommy how old you are."

"3." I covered my mouth as tears fell down my face. "Don't cry mommy." She reached for me to pick her up and I did hugging her tight.

"These are happy tears baby." I smiled and she wiped my eyes.

"I watch you mommy and I like Tickle Bear."

"I like Tickle Bear too." Granny smiled.

"I love Tickle Bear." I smiled.

"He loves you too Treasure Box. I know sometimes you might doubt it because of your insecurities but that man loves you with every breath that he breathes."

"I thought the same thing about Jayceon."

"Jayceon didn't look at you the way Dave looks at you. Dave thinks about you 24/7 if he not thinking about Kairi. Jayceon loved you at first I wouldn't knock him for that but Jayceon wasn't in love with you like you were with him." I looked down and pouted. I'm over Jayceon, but it still hurt to hear it.

"After he made me lose Janice I stopped loving him." I sighed.

"Why'd you stay?"

"I didn't get to have a two parent household and I wanted that for JJ even if it meant me being miserable. But..." I sighed. "It's so much a woman could take and I thought about how you always told me I was strong. Once he publicly cheated I used that as my way out."

"You grew from it and that's all that matters." I nodded as we continued to walk. I was holding Janice and she was playing in my hair giggling. This was such a bittersweet moment. I got to finally meet my baby girl and she was as beautiful as I always imagined. But, meeting her meant that I was dead and left JJ without a mother.

"Granny for real am I dead?"

"Do you wanna be?"

"Huh?"

"Do you wanna stay here?"