Chapter 61: Two Sides

Serenity

"Hey fat man, you wanna see ya cousins?" I cooed at Jordan. I can't believe he was 7 months. Just to think last year around this time I was scared as hell to become a mommy and didn't even know if he was a boy or girl. Time surely does fucking fly. I want him to stay a baby.

"You ready Reni?"

"Yeah." I strapped Jordan in his seat and Bully picked it up so we can leave the house.

"What she say when you called her?"

"She said he went to therapy today. He might have to go to a facility ." He sighed and stared at the road.

"All the nigga had to do was take his fucking medicine."

"I know baby, but he a grown ass man. He go do what he wanna do. It took this nigga damn near for Treasure to kick his ass out for him to get some help."

"I still would have kicked his ass out. I'm fucking irked." I grabbed his hand and rubbed it. The other day Dave didn't have an episode but Treasure noticed he didn't take his medication so she told him to get out. They were arguing and Bully came to get his ass. She told him he couldn't come back until he went to therapy and got his medication renewed because he was getting out of hand at this point.

We pulled up to Treasure and Daves house and put the code in the gate before entering inside. After we got Jordan out the car I knocked on the door. A few minutes later, Treasure opened the door up. She had on a small dress and some slippers . She looked so cute with her little baby bump. I couldn't wait to post her ass when she finally revealed she was pregnant.

"Hi you guys." She smiled.

"Hey."

"Sup Skittles." She let us in the house and I looked around.

"Where my best friends at?"

"My mama took them to the park, they'll be back in a minute." We sat in the living room and I observed her. She looked fine but I knew Treasure could hide how she feels better than anyone. Shit, I had no clue what Jayceon was doing to her until she ended up in the hospital.

"You okay cousin?" I asked taking Jordan out of the seat. She nodded and cooed at him.

"Hi cousins fat man." He started laughing and drooling all over the place.

"My mama calling me, I'll be back." Bully got up and walked to the backyard.

"Do you know what time he coming back?"

"No." I put Jordan in his little play pen he had here.

"Treasure." I took a deep breath. "Let it out please." She looked at me and her face turned red.

"I just want him to do better Reni. Not for me but for himself and the kids. I'm not go put all the blame on him for the last argument because I snapped but I literally can't take my medicine, he can."

"How did you know he wasn't taking it?"

"It's the look on his face. He looks lost and depressed like he deep in thought." She sighed. "When I seen that shit I just lost it and threw the lamp at him. I didn't mean to I was just so pissed. I feel like I'm living in the past and I fucking hate it." She cried into my shoulders. My lip quivered and I started crying with her.

"It's go be okay Treasure." I sniffed.

"I love him Serenity and it scares me how much I do. It took everything in me to even put him out our home but I wanted him to take me seriously. I'm just bad luck. I can't say he didn't warn me."