Chapter 40: This Is Why I Love You ♾

Treasure

"Treasure!!" I stood on the sidewalk looking out into the sky. Dave turned me around and sighed. "Baby, why are you crying?" He wiped my tears.

"I'm really grateful for what you did Dave. I promise you I am but it's just." I sighed. "I really wanted to do that on my own. I worked so hard to save up the money for the building and now I don't know.... It just feels like it was all for nothing."

"It wasn't for nothing baby. That money you can use it to decorate it into your dream shop. I may have bought the building but you're going to be the one to turn into something. You and Reni." He smiled. "I'm sorry I just wanted to do something special for you." I looked up at him and stood on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"Thank you baby, for real. I appreciate everything you do for me." He started cheesing hard as hell making me laugh.

"Shitting me I'm about to do more shit."

"You've done enough." I laughed.

"Come on so you can look around the building." He led me inside I gotta say he did a good job. Shit looked nice in the inside and the location was perfect. Low key was jealous out how he perfected this. It might've took me forever to find something this perfect.

"You go help me decorate baby?"

"Naw that's all you and Reni. That's go be y'all project. But I'm here to support you baby." I smiled and gave him a hug.

"I don't know how many times I can say thank you."

"You don't have to thank me Giggles. What I promised you?" I looked up at up at him. "I promised you that I will always have your best interest at heart. That you and JJ would never have to want for anything. You wouldn't have to touch no type of door handle. I don't make a lot of promises baby but when it comes to you I promise to always make you happy." I looked at him with watery eyes and hopped on him wrapping my legs around his torso. I gave him a deep passionate kiss to show him how much I love him. In such a short little time I fell in love with a man who puts me first. Although that's what a man should do all men don't do it. Women tend to fall for the wrong ones and trust me I have done it. But with Dave, as much as I wanted to fight it, I couldn't.

"I love you so much Dave."

"I love you more Giggles." He smiled. "More than I thought was possible."

"Come on we about to go to our last location." I nodded and he carried me out the building. He turned around to lock the doors and handed me the keys causing me to smile.

"Thank you." I smiled. He carried me to the car and placed me inside before getting in himself and driving off. I started shaking a little bit because night was falling and this is when I get nervous as hell. I put the camera to my face and sighed. "Okay, as you guys may know I was in a horrific car accident last month and uhm." I took a deep breath and chuckled. "I get nervous as hell being in car but I get more anxious when it's at night. Earlier Dave decided to play Michael Jackson for me to calm my nerves and it actually worked. He is actually smart ladies."

"Stop trynna play me." He growled and I laughed.

"Naw but for real if something drastic happened in your life and you still get nervous about it, it's okay. Don't beat yourself up about it because you're not alone. Some people heal quicker than others. Dave is still fine as hell and he can even drive. I will not drive. For a minute I wouldn't even get in the car. The first time I got in the car was when I went to see what Serenity was having. OOP, I don't know if y'all was supposed to know if she was pregnant yet. Well if y'all not, I'll just edit it out." I smiled. "Anyway it's not dark dark but I know when it's time to go home I'm going to be nervous as hell, I'll have the camera sitting on the dashboard, so y'all can laugh at my pain." I shrugged.