Chapter 65: A Harris Dinner

Treasure

"Did everything go okay with your opening?"

"Yeah." I answered playing in my food.

"You okay?"

"I just don't feel good." I lied. I was in one of my moods but I didn't wanna tell them that because they'll start acting concerned and shit. I rather be left alone.

"I rode past there on my way to work and y'all was booked and busy. I'm so proud of my nieces." My auntie smiled.

"Thank you." Serenity and I smiled.

"We're gonna be so busy."

"Remember to prioritize you two. Your family always comes first." Mama told us. "And you, don't book too many appointments all at once because you are pregnant and shouldn't be on your feet like that." I looked at Dave snitch ass he gulped down his drink. "You hear me little girl?"

"Yes ma'am." I scrunched my face. "Why she here?" Everybody turned around and looked at Carla walking through the door with my Uncle Brian.

"Shit." Reni cursed.

"Hey Treasure Box, Happy Birthday." He kissed my cheek before pulling back a chair for Carla to sit down. She didn't even acknowledge anybody. Bitch.

"You not go say Happy Birthday to my daughter?"

"Oh it's your birthday?" I chuckled and drunk my strawberry lemonade. Dave grabbed my hand and gave me a look.

"You know damn well it's my child's birthday. Why you thought we were having dinner? Stop playing with me Carla. We've been knowing each other for almost 30 years."

"Candace."

"No Brian. Why do you keep bringing this mop head bitch around?"

"Mop head? Sweetie your local pussy is the last one to talk." Bully ate his food low key amused.

"Bitch

"Bitch..." My mama got up but Dave and Isaac grabbed her. Mama Lisa and Mama Gena were taking off their earrings.

"Chill ma, don't let her get to you." My mama took a deep breath and sat back down.

"Leave." I said.

"Excuse me?"

"I said leave."

"Little girl you can't..." I waved her off.

"I'm a grown woman. I shut my mouth during Christmas because that's mama and papa house. I shut my mouth at the hospital last year because you're Reni's mother and it was her decision to let you stay, but I will not have you disrespect me or my mother on my birthday at my dinner reservation."

"I married into this family so I can come to whatever I want to."

"And you can get yo ass beat whenever you want to. Get to fucking stepping before I drag yo ass up out of here."