Chapter 70: I Can't

Serenity

I don't know if I can do this. No fuck that. I know I can't do this. I can't see her. I can't look her baby girls in the eyes. I turned around from the door and was met face to chest with Dave. I looked at him and his eyes was blood shot red. I wrapped my arms around him and he stiffened before I felt his body shake. I knew he was crying. I didn't even have to look up at him.

"Busy Brow." My voice cracked and I soon broke down with him. "I'm sorry." I wiped my eyes.

"You go in there yet?"

"No."

"Come meet yo nieces Reni."

"I can't." My lip quivered. "I don't have the right type of energy to be around them babies right now."

"I promise you, they will bring a smile to yo face." I took a deep breath and he grabbed my hand leading me into the room. We walked over to the incubator and I smiled. They low key look like me and Treasure as babies.

"The one on the left is Heaven Amour Brewster and the one on the right is Harmony Amour Brewster

"The one on the left is Heaven Amour Brewster and the one on the right is Harmony Amour Brewster." He smiled.

"I can already tell Harmony is going to be the goofball." I chuckled.

I watch them low key interact with each other that I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt Daves arms around me. "She deserves to be here for her children Dave." I sobbed. "She ain't never did nothing to nobody to be put through this."

"They said she go be fine Reni. They just gotta monitor her."

"Do you believe that?"

"I believe my baby is a fighter. She fought through all her obstacles. She wouldn't leave her kids Reni. Plus, she owe me 6 more." He slightly chuckled and I smiled and shook my head. "My Fiancé ain't leaving no time soon."

"Congratulations by the way." A big smile crept on my face. "She cried?"

"Yeah, my baby was balling." He chuckled and looked at the girls. I watched as his face softened and he walked over to the window. I sighed and walked over to him.

"Talk to me bushy brow."

"I know my baby is a fighter but I can't help but to think of the what ifs." He bit his lip and his eyes got watery. "I can't lose her Reni." He sniffed. "We need her." Tears fell from his eyes and I hugged him tight. We needed each other more than anything at this point.

******

3 months later 🤭

"Bully!!!" I yelled throughout the house. I found his big ass on the couch sleep with Jordan on his chest. I took a picture and smiled. I shook him awake and he looked at me with red eyes.

"Wassup Reni baby? You good?"

"Where's your brother? I was supposed to help him with the girls."