Chapter- 34

Next Day

It was a fine morning just after Karwa Chawth. Dev's Marriage functions were going to start within 3 days and the youngsters were hell busy in preparations, but it doesn't mean they can neglect their work. They had pressure of work on their heads. Dev and Sid had to do a dance concert which will happen on July 12th ( the day before his Mehendi ), thanks to god it was in Paris. While, Soha had an advertisement to do and Nandini and Arya were busy with their business projects. Abhimanyu and Vishal too were occupied with their company works. Rishab has already joined Murthys' hospital and was having a hectic schedule since he was new over there. Ritesh was having exams too..

Fab 5 too were facing a similar situation. Since, they were going to take leave for Dev's marriage, they too had to complete their work beforehand. Totally, each and every youngster were busy.

In Malhotra's Mansion

Manik was getting ready for office.

Manik ( shouted ): Guys, we need to hurry..

Soon, fab 4 ran downstairs..

Manik ( frowned ): Where's Dad..?

Voice: I am here..

Manik turned to Raj who was all ready in his office suit..

Cabir ( sighed in relief ): Thank God uncle, you are ready. We were already late. Come, let's have our breakfast.

Raj ( smiled ): No Cabir. I am not gonna have my breakfast today. You guys carry on..

Manik ( concerned ): Dad, what do you mean by you are not gonna have your breakfast.? Are you alright..?

Raj ( smiled inwardly ): Nothing Manik..I am fine..

Dhruv ( confused ): Then, why aren't you having your breakfast..?

Raj ( smiled ): I can't eat something when my Love stays hungry, especially when it's for me..

Mukti ( frowned ): Uncle, I didn't get you..

Raj ( grinned ): Love is keeping fast for me, Viren, Swayam, Lalith, Akash and Ranvir..

They looked puzzled with this piece of information..

Manik: Why would she keep fast for you, Dad..?

Raj ( sighed ): Because, we don't have our wives with us to fast for us on Karwa Chawth. So, she is fasting for our longevity of lives by being a daughter..

Manik was the one to have a broad smile on his lips first after hearing Raj. If he is happy to get her in his life then his father is the most happiest man on earth to have a daughter like her, his love..

Cabir and Dhruv felt so proud of Nandini, that she was there with their father when they weren't. Mukti too smiled for the first time, in admiration for Nandini while Alya, she didn't know what to feel. She asked herself " was she a good daughter for her Dad "..

Raj: Chalo, tum log apna khana khao..We won't eat our food on this day until she breaks her fast.

Fab 4 occupied their seats while Manik, he again, didn't want to let her hungry alone..

Mukti: Manik, bet jaa..we need to hurry..

Manik ( rubbed his nape ): Uh..wo..I..I don't feel..feel like eating..

Cabir ( smirked ): Aur wo kyu, baba Manik..you were the one who asked us to have breakfast asap..

Manik glared at him. He just knew Cabir knows the reason. Cabir can read him, he even caught Manik, the previous day when he saw him staying hungry..Cabir was the one who helped him to get to terrace to break MaNan's fast.