Chapter- 49

In Dixit's Palace

Nandini's Bedroom

Since, it was late night and all of them were dead tired, they preferred to get some sleep, or precisely, they were ordered to get some sleep by their very own daughter/sister, Nandini Dixit.

Manik and Nandini were on the bed wrapped in each other's arms under the duvet. His grip on her was so tight that she could feel his inner turmoil..

Nandini: Mani..

Manik ( worriedly ): Haa..tujhe kuch chahiye..PaNi chahiye kya, ya phir kuch..

Nandini ( interrupted ): Oho, Mani..pehle mere bath tho sunn..

Manik ( nodded ): Haa tho bolo na..PaNi nahi chahiye tho kuch khana hai kya..Um, ya phir kissise milna hai, Dad ya Dadda ya Bhai k....

And this time, he was silenced by her lips who was more than irritated with his non-stop interrogation. While, he was shocked. He was too shocked to even respond to the kiss that she had to break it within some seconds..

Nandini ( sarcastically ): Ab tho chup rahe sakthe ho na tum..??

Manik ( still shocked ): Huh...??

Nandini ( giggled ): Stupid, I just kissed you aur kuch nahi kiya mene..

He was brought out of his trance and he smirked and pulled her on him and she simply kept her head on his chest which brought a smile on his lips..

Nandini ( softly ): Mani..I'm fine..

She looked up at him to see him lying on the bed with closed eyes and his hold on her waist became more tight..She stroked his cheeks gently which made him open his eyes..

Manik ( softly ): I thought, I lost you..

Nandini ( smiled ): You would never lose me. I'm so selfish that I can't live without you..

He smiled and joined his forehead with her's and sighed..

Manik: When I met you in Mumbai, I never thought that you were a girl who has already gone through a lot. You were shot..I..I didn't..know how to react..when that man..confessed about his attempts to kill you..

Nandini ( smiled ): Wo sab tho kuch nahi hai Mani. I couldn't feel any pain in it. Mujhe dard tab hua jab Dad apne aapko blame karna shuru kiya tha. Mom and Dad's love story is something I've always adored. Unke beech ithna pyar tha ki hum jab bache the thab bhi unhe tease karnekeliye nahi balki admire karne ka maan tha..Aur Dad started blaming himself for marrying Mom, for falling for her, that was too painful..

He caressed her hairs and kissed her head..

Manik: I do understand it, Love. Jaise mene unke barein mein suna mujhe ek aisa mehsoos hua ki kaash, kaash mein bhi wo pyar ke kahani dekh patha. Dad would have been so lucky to have them. I even thought that, why did Dad fall for Nyonika when he have seen such true love stories happening in front of his eyes..

Nandini ( sighed ): Mani, Pops fell in love with the wrong person. Jab kisike dil pyar karthe hai tho ye nahi sochega ki kisse pyar ho rahe hai, bas hojatha hai. Jaise ki, why did we fall for each other. We were poles apart, phir bhi humara beech bhi pyar hua. Wahi hua Pops ke sath bhi. He didn't know she was pretending to be a sweet girl. You won't believe it, but Pops is exactly like you. A baby at heart, kisi pe bhi bharosa karthe hai, isiliye jab Nyonika ne dokha diya hai, he was broken, he couldn't even trust anyone easily. Kabhi kabhi mein sochthi hoon ki why is that none of my Paps have wives with them in their lives, apart from Ravi Papa and Rohit Papa..

Manik ( muttered ): Dad hamesha kehthe the, jab kuch bura hojatha hai tho ek achai bhi hotha hai. Isiliye, jaise wo apne love ko kho diya waise hi unhe ek beti mili jo usse beintehaa pyar de sakthe..