VII.

Chapter 7: The Wrath of Ark

A/N: Please don't skip the Author's Note at the bottom. Thank you and enjoy!💚

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

I'm currently here in my room, tears streaming down my face as I watched the painful ending of five feet apart.

"I freaking hate this! Why can't they just be together?" I sniffled, pushing my laptop away from my lap in frustration.

I just got back from school earlier, thankful that it was a Friday because it would be embarrassing to attend school with puffy eyes.

Ark and I exchanged movies recommendations since we both wanted to spend the weekends binge-watching romance movies and made a promise not to go search it on google just for fun.

I'm regretting doing that promise.

"You sadistic bitch! You said this wasn't a sad movie!" Ark wailed on the other side, referring to the midnight sun movie that I told her about.

I sniffled,"You said this wasn't a sad movie either!" I replied, bringing my hands up in frustration.

Ark paused before sniffling,"Fine, we both fooled one another. Wanna have dinner with me? Let's eat ice cream too, I need to mend my broken heart," She said, sighing at the end.

"Of course. Can I bring Theodore? He's been wanting to eat ice cream since last week," I asked, closing my laptop and standing up from the bed.

"Yes, Theodore's adorable innocence can be my distraction from this heartbreak." She grumbled, the sound of shuffling can be heard in the background.

"Let's do that both," I giggled, doing a little stretch with my free hand.

"K, I'll pick you up in fifteen boo," She bid a goodbye, ending the call after.

I tossed my phone on the bed, making my way towards the bathroom. I couldn't help but gasp lightly upon seeing my face in the mirror.

I looked like any woman who had just bawled her eyes out to a sad movie but the fact that I could look this even more hideous is beyond me.

I turned on the water, splashing my face with cool water to try and lessen the redness and puff of my eyes. I took my face towel, dabbing it unto my face lightly and tossing it back to the rack before brushing my teeth.

I changed into some leggings, oversized striped sweatshirt, and a new pair of flip flops. I tied my hair into a messy bun and applied chapstick on my lips.

I took my phone and wallet, double checking if I had some cash on before making my way downstairs.

Theodore greeted me at the end of the stairs. He was playing with his dinosaurs and a few legos were scattered around him.

"Hi buddy, wanna go and have dinner with me and Ark? We're going to eat ice cream after," I offered, ruffling his brown hair.

"Weally? I would wove too! Mooom! I need my shoes! Ewwie's bwinging me fow ice cweam!" He beamed, fixing his hair before running off to the kitchen where my mom was.

"Where are you going honey?"Mom asked, emerging with an excited Theodore who ran off to get his shoes.

"Joey's Diner mom, Ark offered dinner. I figured I'd bring Theo along since we're eating ice cream after," I explained, making my way towards her.

"Okay, Have you been crying? You're face is red," Mom commented, looking at me with a concerned look.

"Ark made me watch a sad movie," I reasoned out, letting her fix my messy bun.