XXXIV.

Chapter 34: NO to Stereotype.

AM

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

The sun was rising and a new day begins. The room was cold but the heat from the person practically sprawled on top of me was enough to ward it off.

I was on my back, stroking Alec's hair who was now sleeping soundly with his head resting on my chest comfortably.

I could feel the wisp of breath that was escaping his slightly parted lips on the thin t-shirt I wore.

After Alec's panic attack, I had pull him to the bed with me. He was completely tired and knocked out the second he practically molded beside me.

I only gotten an hour of sleep, it was even barely an hour. I couldn't pull myself to sleep, not when I knew Alec's demons were lurking in his mind.

I was scared that he might have a nightmare.

Seeing Alec like that was an eye-opener for me, it reminded me of his humanity. That he was just indeed a human struggling with life like any of us do.

It made me sad to think that guys were always portrayed tough and not criers when in fact they aren't tough, they just make it out to be and they do cry but only when they're alone.

The latter made me want to bawl my eyes out. It made me hate the word stereotyping so much.

Why though? Why do we live in a world where we stereotype like it was breathing air? I'm not excluded from this and I feel guilty of the times that I did.

Women should be allowed to do things without being pushed back because of their femininity and men should be able to express their feelings without people questioning their masculinity.

The thought that maybe Alec was just struggling underneath his tough and cold exterior didn't cross my mind because of that.

I should've fought harder. I shouldn't have walk away. I closed my eyes, continuing to run my hand gently through his dark mane.

The streets were poorly lit, the light that emitted from the post should've given me some comfort but it caused terror to infiltrate my body instead.

I was breathing heavily, my legs stretched out in a run. The wind pushed back my hair while I desperately tried to run away.

I'm completely and utterly terrified. I can't get caught, I shouldn't.

I looked back seeing nothing but darkness that looked absolutely endless. The shadows seemed sinister like it was after me too.

I let out a startled gasp, my feet twisting into an odd angle before I fell on the ground. My eyes widening in horror at the sight that greeted me.

My eyes followed in the blood that was dripping from the knife that she held. Annie's eyes were completely white and a evil smile graced her lips.

The sting of tears can be felt from the corner of my eyes in pure fear. I scrambled backward, trying my best to postpone the shrinking distant between us.