XXXV.

Chapter 35: The Frog's Theory

BACK!!!

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"Remember, if he asks you where I am, just tell him that you drove me home safe and sound." My eyes shifting around the noisy hallway and back to the person in front of me.

Todd gave me a thumbs up, a half-smile plastered on his lips.

"Don't worry blue, you'll get the girl time you've been wanting these past few days." He assured softly.

"I do hope so Tadpole," I replied, letting out a sigh. Alec's been attached on my hip ever since the incident.

He's being ridiculously protective and wouldn't let me out of his sight. Each of the pack of skittles were assigned to walk me after every class and Alec drives me home.

He even went as far to have some of his guys watching me when I'm not with him and its starting to get on my nerves.

"Are you okay though?" I questioned, my eyes taking in his dark bags and lack of enthusiasm.

These past few days, Todd had been the usual happy pill in our lives but I noticed that there were moments that he would be in a trance.

Although he showed his usual self to us, I could see through him that something is bothering him.

I tried to talking to him about it but Todd simply brushed it off with a smile that didn't reach his eyes hence why I didn't pry more into it.

If he's not ready to talk then I won't force him.

A smile grace his lips."I'm okay blue. Please stop worrying." He assured me, his gray eyes staring into my ocean ones.

Our conversation was cut short when I was pulled back against the familiar chest that I would love to lick.

Someday. Not now, we're in a hallway full of students. Geez.

"Why aren't you in the cafeteria yet tesoro?" Alec's husky voice met my ears, I felt my cheeks flush feeling his lips gently grace on the shell of my ear.

He pressed a soft kiss below my ear before turning my body around to face him, not once letting go of his grip on my waist.

Electrifying blue eyes met my gaze and I felt captivated at the beauty of it. Every time I look into his eyes, it was the same damn spark.

And the familiar stomping of the dinosaurs that I feel in my stomach.

I snapped out of my trance and let out a chuckle."Oh, Hahaha Todd and I were waiting for you silly. What took you so long? I'm hungry!" I glanced at Todd.

Alec stared at us both with suspicion. I felt myself sweat slightly, I quickly pulled on his arm and started to drag him towards the cafeteria.

I widened my eyes towards Todd who suddenly looked pale. The students were thinning out and only a few remained in the hallway.

"Are you okay there tadpole? You look rather ghostly." Alec pointed out, pulling his arm from my grasp and rested it on my shoulder instead.