XXXVI.

Chapter 36: The Reunion

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"Who would've thought that cinderella would be the one to own America's ass." Ark grumbled, staring at the picture that was stolen between Lily James and Chris Evans.

Sage who was looking at the photo as well let out a fake sob, mocking Ark who shed a few tears earlier when rewatching Captain America: The Winter Soldier which earned a playful slap from her.

I let out a giggle."Seems like snow white isn't the fairest of them all." I joked, earning a snort from Ark.

Girl's night didn't start yet because it was only 5 pm and it had been a two hours since Alec dropped me off at Ark's house.

I've been texting Alec the cookie emoji every thirty minutes assuring him that I was fine and would immediately send a glass of milk emoji in reply from him.

It was something that he suggested since he didn't want to steal my attention from our girl's night in case our conversation goes long and wanted me to focus with my girls today.

The three of us were waiting for the in-home massage therapists that Sage booked us for and were on Ark's living room, huddled on her fancy couch.

Uncle Marco and her stepmom were out in a lover's cruise. They wouldn't be back for a week and Ark took advantage of that.

I was occasionally checking the timer on my phone since I decided to bake some brownies and cookies prior to our movie night later.

My fingers were crossed that they would bake perfectly and would not be a major fail.

The bell rang, cutting us off in our conversation. Ark and Sage went to open the door while I went to check on my sweets.

The scent itself was heavenly and I was excited to devour them. The brownies would taste good with some ice cream and I quickly made my way to the fridge.

A frown graced my lips when there was no ice cream. Ark probably forgot to restock since we've been busy with our school works this week.

I quickly made my way upstairs and bumped into Ark who now had her hair in a bun and a robe on.

"Boo, there's only two therapist who arrived since the third one got sick. Do you want to go first?" Ark asked, fixing her bun.

I shook my head."No, you both go ahead first. I have to buy some ice cream real quick. You were out of stock," I said, earning a curse from her.

"I totally forgot, My car keys are downstairs boo. Do you want me to go with you?" Ark offered, her brown eyes beaming.

"Nah, I'll be back before you know it A." I pecked her cheek in goodbye before bounded downstairs.

"Should I go for Vanilla or chocolate?" I wondered out, tapping my jaw continuously.

I placed the basket down gently, the cans of Pringles falling against the pack of skittles and turned back to stare at the two flavors.

"You look like someone who can afford both," I jumped slightly at the unfamiliar voice.

I turned to my left side and saw a guy standing next to me and was staring at the rows of ice cream as well.