XXXI.

Chapter 31: The Sleepy Bug

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"Yes! Hell week is over!" Ark cheered, cracking her neck to the side.

I sleepily followed next to her, my binders pressed unto my chest with my arms wrapped around it. The hallway was filled with students who were chatting excitedly to one another.

I was completely drained and my brain was absolutely fried to its limit. The last exam were physics and I was praying to my guardian angel up there that somehow I've gotten all my calculations correct.

An arm was placed around my shoulders, my eyes following it up to the owner. Todd's excited grin met my sight and I didn't have the same energy to pull it off.

"Are you okay blue?" He asked, feeling me lean to him.

"I am, just tired and sleepy." I mumbled, resting my head against the side of his chest. We made our way to my locker, my eyes closed the whole time and letting Todd guide me.

"Uh, I don't exactly want to die yet blue. Yo—Oh hi Alec! Hahahaha why are you looking at me like that? Hahaha No, this isn't Ellie. This is my teddy bear! Meet Tellie." He chuckled nervously, trying to hide my face.

I was half-asleep when I felt I was being pulled into another pair of arms and if it weren't for the binders between us, I would've been met by the hard muscles beneath his shirt. I smelt the familiar scent of my favorite skittle and snuggled closer to his chest.

"You smell good." I mumbled, his arms wrapping around me snuggly around me.

"Eat this you sleepy bug." Alec's deep and melodic voice met my ears. I opened my eyes, leaning away from his chest to see one of his hands holding a pack of skittles.

I gave him my 'wait' look before turning to my lockers and placing my binders back. The pack of skittles were conversing against one another about a party they're going tomorrow while I stuffed my mouth with skittles.

"What's so special about this party anyway?" I piped in, my back against the lockers while Alec stood beside me.

"Boo! You don't know sweet chick? This is one of the most awaited parties! The Halloween party!" Val exclaimed, his whole body seeming to be buzzing with excitement.

I hummed. I've never been on a hallowen party before considering I just spent time trick or treating with Theodore in our neighborhood.

Although Halloween parties were such a huge blast in our school and was looked forwarded to by many. Ark attended one last year but she didn't tell much about it, only that it was 'da bomb'

"Huh, I hope you enjoy then guys." I nodded, chewing the delicious sweets.

Ark gave me a deadpanned look."We sure are gonna enjoy that party boo. It's your first time attending a halloween themed one," She said, earning a wide eye from me.

"What? But I wasn't invited on this party?" I asked out loud, earning a loud sigh from her.

I pouted. My brain was completely fried and I didn't have the energy yet to process and catch on information. Yes, I have those days.