XLV.

Chapter 45: Peeping Todd

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"It was only a peck Alec! Trust me, it was purely platonic and with no feelings at all. Todd's my friend and well, I was just helping him with his theory and no, I'm sorry but its not my place to tell but he's really just my friend and can pull the stick up your butt now?" I sighed, biting my lip at how horrible it sounded.

I've been nervously tugging on the black turtle net that I wore, the belt on my jeans practically expanding because of how deep I breathed in.

I've been practicing for like thirty minutes now and let me tell you, my mini speech isn't exactly working out like I'm hoping to be.

He can't be that mad about it, right? It was just like a smack! Like our lips was just bumping fists or something. Yeah, maybe I should add that to the mini-speech.

It was already dark outside and I could feel the December cold trying to get inside the small gaps on the window.

The loud chatter from downstairs was sign that a few of our visitors have arrived. The pack of skittles were on their way but I wasn't sure if Alec was with them.

I wasn't even sure how I'd talk to him. Should I like drag him by his ear and demand he talks to me or the typical 'we need to talk'

One way or another I hope the night doesn't end up with me crying my heart out in the front porch like Juliet begging for Romeo to come back on the staircase.

A knock on my room resonated and I turned around to see Mom's head poking in through the gap of the door.

"Are you ready honey? Dinner's about to be serve." She walked in, looking gorgeous in her simple red dress.

An uneasy smile graced my lips."I-Yes mom, I was just um, practicing." I turned back to the mirror.

Mom arched a brow."This is about Alec, isn't it?" She asks, making her way towards me.

I sighed, my shoulders slumping."Yeah, I'm just nervous. It's not like I was hiding it from him mom, it just totally slipped my mind." I answered truthfully.

"Then you tell him just that honey, I'm sure he would understand. My words probably have taken him by surprise that's why he left in such haste," She placed a hand on my shoulder, gently rubbing it.

"I'm not even sure if he's gonna come," I mumbled, looking down.

"He will come sweetie. I don't think he'll let you go just like that with all the trouble he did just for you." Mom assured, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I leaned back, my brows knitting at her words."What do you mean mom?"

Mom took a step back, crossing her arms across her chest."I'm not supposed to tell you this but remember the time when you miraculously woke up here after the party you lied to me about?"

I nodded, clearly remembering it."Of course mom. What about it?" I stared at her, trying to decipher what she wants to say.

"I lied when I said you took an uber, It was actually Alec who drove you both home safely." She confessed, her lips pulling up in an apologetic smile.