XVIII.

Chapter 18: Phoenix Who?

The beautiful cover above is done by the cutie wanderness but her new account is atlanthiq
She makes really beautiful covers and I love her works! Go give her a follow or send some love cookies💚

P.S. A little reminder to the #rrcookies, please refrain yourselves from spoiling. I understand your excitement but its gonna ruin the ride for the #newcookies and thats totally not fair for them.

P.P.S. Let's take a moment of silence to pray for the victims of the explosion in Beirut, Lebanon and hope for their fast recoveries.

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

5.) A parallel-plate capacitor is made from two square metal plates placed 1mm apart. If the plate measures 5cm on each side, what is the capacitance?

I reread the question again, gently biting unto the tip of my ballpen. I glanced at the clock before turning to my classmates who were seemingly focused on answering the surprise quiz.

Considering I was absent yesterday, Mr. Pimp discussed an additional topic and have decided to give a surprise quiz today.

Despite sleeping early last night, I could still feel the light pound in my head. I still wasn't 100 percent recovered from my hang over and didn't have the chance to study hence why I was struggling.

Even Alec who attended the party like me looked perfectly okay and was writing on his paper like a pro.

"Ten minutes left. Wrap it up guys," Mr. Pimp said, taking a hold of the papers that one of my classmate passed.

A few of my classmates stood up with their answer sheets and questionnaire, going to the front and starting to pass it.

Shit. Snickers. Sit. Sheet. Shucks.

I glanced at my answer sheet, letting out a dejected sigh. I still have ten questions to go and I only managed to answer five.

I was about to stand up when a small folded piece of paper fell on my desk. I glanced up, catching a glimpse of Alec's side profile as he passed by me.

A frown made its way on my face before I discreetly opened the paper and felt my heart lurched when I saw it was filled with answers.

I turned to look at Mr. Pimp to see if he caught it but Alec's built frame prevented it and is currently crowding him at his desk.

Without wasting a second, I started circling the correct answers and quickly stuffed the small piece of paper in my pockets before standing up.

Alec was already out of the door before I could thank him when I went back in my seat. I quickly stuffed my things in my bag before seeing if I could follow after him but he was long gone.

After seeing them together in the party, I realized that maybe it was a sign for me to just leave things be. We're better off not talking about it and besides, he's already moving on.

Ark had a dentist appointment today so Todd and I were left with each others company in the library during lunch.

"Are you okay Todd? You've been awfully quiet." I took a bite of my apple, glancing worriedly at Todd.