[29] Adrianna

Now that everything is out in the open I'm feeling even better about Enzo and I being in a relationship. I would have been with him with or without their approval, but with it just makes things so much easier.

Buzzzz, Buzzzz, Buzzzz

The sound of a buzzing phone wakes me from my sleep and I roll over with a sleepy sigh.

"Ciao Mamma" (Hello Mamma) Enzo answers the phone with a yawn

"Si, la differenza di tempo" (Yes, the time difference) He laughs softly "Va bene, come stai? (It's okay, how are you?)

Silence

"Sto bene, in questo momento sono actaully con la mia ragazza" (I'm good, I'm actually with my girlfriend at the moment)

Silence

"Si Mamma and her Italian isn't as good as ours so I feel bad she may not understand everything I'm saying right now." He laughs

"Il mio italiano è meglio di quanto pensi" (My Italian is better than you think) I smile up at him

"Si Mamma, you know her, actually you've known her for a very long time. That's why I'm telling you."

Silence

"I'll put her on and you can find out." He hands me the phone

"Ciao signora Moretti, suo Mia" (Hello Mrs Moretti, it's Mia.) I smile down the phone

"Mia" she gasps "Mia Ricci?"

"Si" I smile once more "How are you?"

"I-I'm in shock" she laughs softly "You and Enzo, you're together?"

"Si, it's new, but we're together"

"I'm so shocked, but I'm so happy." she laughs happily. "Pat" she yells as she pulls the phone away from her. "Our son has a girlfriend and you'll never believe who it is, Mia Ricci."

"Mia Ricci? Franco's niece? Dom's daughter?"

"Si."

"Enzo, figliolo" (Enzo, son) Pat speaks down the phone

"Ciao Mr Moretti, it's Mia, here let me put Enzo on."

I hand the phone back to Enzo with a grin

"Si Pappa" He laughs and rolls his eyes as he lays back down, snuggling his head into the pillow.

Silence

"Can I call you later? We've only just woken up."

Silence

"Okay bye Papa, bye Mamma." He ends the call 

I giggle looking over at him "I bet you regret telling them now."

"Not at all." He rolls over placing his body on top of mine, hovering over me. "They've always liked you, I knew they'd be thrilled."

"And you? Are you thrilled?" I giggle, playing with his hair with one hand, the other wrapped around his shoulder.

"You bet I am." He leans down and kisses my lips gently. "I never would have imagined having a girlfriend could be so good."

"How so?"

"For one I get to wake up to the same person every day, and even better that person is you."

"Awww stop it." I giggle happily, feeling shy over his words

He leans down and kisses the tip of my nose "It's true, you're so cute."

I bite down on my bottom lip gently before letting out a deep breath