[70] Pink or Blue

Still in the large comfortable chairs of the doctor's office, I bounce my knee up and down as I wait for the nurse to call me into the room. I'm so excited I just want to know what we're having, boys or girls. Enzo places his hand on my keen stopping it from bouncing and I look up at him.

"Sorry."

"No need to be sorry beautiful, but you're making me nervous." He chuckles softly

"I just can't wait to find out so we can start decorating the room."

He leans down and presses a quick kiss to my lips. "You're cute."

"Mia Ricci." The nurse calls from the hall.

I stand up hand in hand with Enzo and we follow after the nurse. Everything is the same as always, she checks my blood pressure and asks some questions on how everything has been going and sets me up for the Doctor to come and do the scan.

"Hey guys, you excited?" The Doctor questions as she makes her way into the room.

"Beyond" I nod, now laying down on the bed ready to go.

"I hope they're in a good position for me to tell you for sure today." She squeezes some gel onto my stomach.

"I hope as well, she's been so excited all morning." Enzo grins

"Oh don't act like you're not dying to know." I point my finger at him with a giggle, the Doctor laughing with us.

She places the wand on my stomach and begins to move it around. "Oh perfect, they're both in good positions." she continues to move it around, watching the screen as she does. "Alright." she nods "I'm pretty confident I can give you your answer"

I look up at her, my eyes wide with excitement as I bite down on my bottom lip.

"Girls." She says happily

"Really? we're having girls? Girls!" I exclaim as I look up at Enzo "you were right."

"I don't know why, I just had a feeling." He smiles down at me before he moves his eyes move back to the screen once more.

"Yes, two very healthy baby girls" The Doctor smiles "They both look to be around the same size, everything looks good. I'll just get the Doppler and we'll take a listen to the heartbeats."

The doctor starts the doppler machine and moves it around my stomach, that's when we hear a heartbeat filling the room. I smile proudly as I listen. She moves it around and we hear a second heartbeat.

"Both heartbeats are strong, everything looks perfect." 

I turn to Enzo who has been very quiet and see tears streaming down his cheeks. "Aww baby." I squeeze his hand.

"I can't believe it, I'm actually going to be Papa of two baby girls." He says and looks back down at me.

"I'll give you some time, your images will be at reception as always and I'll see you both soon."

"Thank-you Doctor." I smile

She smiles back and leaves the room

"You're going to be a wonderful Papa." I reach my hand up and stoke Enzo's cheek.

"Thank-you." He leans down and presses a kiss to my lips. "For giving me everything I ever wanted, thank-you for forgiving me."

"I love you." I tell him as I give him an eskimo kiss.

"I love you, so damn much."

...

As promised right after we left the clinic we made our way back to Mum and Papa's place. While we have arranged a small gender reveal party with our friends and family, I really do want Mum to be the first to know.

Arriving we make our way inside and I head right for the kitchen where I know Mum will be busily cooking. 

"Hello" I sing as I make my way through the doorway 

"Hello!" she says excitedly and rushes over "Show me my babies." 

I hand her the scan images which I already had in my hand knowing full well it would be the first thing she asked to see. "Are you ready to find out what we're having?" 

Like clockwork, Papa enters the kitchen. "Yes, we are." He places his hand on Mum's shoulder. 

I turn to Enzo letting him be the one to tell them. With a big smile on his face, he looks at Mum and Dad "Girls." 

Mum gasps loudly "Girls? Oh my gosh." 

"Damn, you kids are killing me, I already have one little princess to look after and now I have three." He says referring to Bella who is his little princess. "But I'm very happy for you both, and I'm very happy to be a Nonno to two more princesses" He smiles 

"Aww Papa" I giggle and give him a big hug. Once I pull back from the embrace with him, I give my Mum a big hug, at the same time Dad and Enzo share a hug which I think is very sweet. 

"So, it looks like we have shopping to do and a pink party to plan." Mum does a happy dance causing us all to laugh. 

"A small party though, I don't have some big huge thing." I remind her 

"Me?" she places her hand on her chest "Throw a big party, does that sound like something I would do?" she smirks and turns on her heel "I'd love to stay and chat but I have three hundred invites to send out." she giggles and heads upstairs. 

"She's joking right?" I ask Papa "Please tell me she's joking." 

He chuckles and shakes his head "I think three hundred is a little much, but you know what she's like she'll invite everyone we know." He shrugs "Let her do her thing, you only have you first baby or in your case babies once." he grins 

Buzzz Buzzz Buzz 

"I have to get this, I'll see you both later." Papa exits the kitchen.

"Well then." I giggle looking up at Enzo 

"I guess we're in for one hell of a party" 

I nod "I'm exhausted just thinking about it."

"Well now that your parents both know, why don't I take you home, run you a warm back, and then if you're lucky I might even give you a massage." 

My eyes light up as I look up at him. "Do you promise?" 

"I think you deserve it." He nods 

"You Enzo Moretti are the most amazing fiance in the entire world." I wrap my arms around him and stand on my tip-toes pressing my lips to his. "Take me home."