[39] Mail

"Mia, mail." Mum calls from downstairs.

I pad down the stairs quickly and reach my mother who is standing in the large foyer waiting for me.

It's been almost a month since I wrote my letter to the college and with each day that passes I've been more and more worried that my letter was throw in the bin and ignored without so much as a letter of decline, I mean really, I wouldn't blame them.

I take the letter from my mother and the first thing I notice is the college logo in the top corner. "Oh gosh" I take a deep breath "Wow" I bit down on my bottom lip and look back up at my mother "What should I do?"

"Open it honey, It's the only way you'll get your answer."

"I'll open it in my room." I smile softly and turn, padding back up the stairs to my bedroom.

I swing the bedroom door open to Enzo still sound asleep in the bed and I smile softly, he's so cute, even when he's sleeping. I lean against the wall and open the envelope, then remove the letter. My eyes scan the words quickly until I get to the part I'd be waiting to see, my acceptance or decline.

"Oh my god." I gasp and pull the letter to my face, trying to quieten myself as tears slide down my cheeks

"Mia?" Enzo sits up quickly at the sound of my gasp "Baby what's wrong."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I wipe my tears "It's my letter from the college." I sit down on the bed and hand it to him.

He takes it into his hands and reads over the words much the same as I had until it gets to the part he wanted to read. "Mia, this is great" He smiles as he throws the letter and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his arms. "Congratulations il mio amore" he kisses all over my face with a smile on his face "I'm so proud of you."

I giggle as he continues kissing all over my face and squirm trying to get away from him playfully. 

"Stop squirming" He laughs and begins tickling my sides

I giggle loudly as he tickles me, now squirming more. "Stop." I giggle

Knock knock

Enzo clears his throat and backs away.

"Come in" I call, my giggles settling

The door opens revealing Mum and Papa. "I take it, it was good news?" Mum questions "sorry I just couldn't wait to find out."

"It's good news. In twelve months you'll have a fully qualified lawyer to take care of all your paperwork and back accounts."

"I'm so proud of you sweetie." Mum makes her way in and pulls me into a hug.

I return the hug and pull back looking up at Papa. "Are you happy?"

"Of course I am" he smiles from the doorway before pushing his body off of it and makes his way in giving me a hug "I'm proud of you." He pulls backs

"Well uh, we'll leave you to it." Mum smiles and takes Papas hand exiting the room together.

"I guess we need to start applying for those houses now." I smile down at Enzo who is now laying back down in bed.

"And we're going to need to furnish the place as well." He mentions

I rub my hands together excitedly "Does that mean we're going shopping?"

"It means we're going shopping" he nods with a laugh.

...

After spending the morning applying for houses we liked the look of online we showered, changed and headed out to one of the furniture stores.