[43] Weeks

"Still not your best, but you're getting there slowly." My teacher says as he hands me my trial assessment.

I take the assessment in my hands and sigh softly at the results, it's just under a pass if this was the real test I would have failed. 

The weeks have quickly flown and weeks have turned into more weeks and more weeks have turned into even more weeks. I'm currently in my third month of college and so far things have been a little harder then I thought they would be. 

While I have been getting okay marks in my trial exams, I'm still not doing as well as I should be considering I'm studying and working hard for the grade. Others in the class seem to have it easy, they party all weekend and still manage to get good marks. 

For the most part, I've been keeping to myself, in class I speak when I'm spoken to and I keep my head down. A few of the girls in the class have taken a dislike to me for no reason what so ever and make remarks about me whenever they see me, but I'm not here for that so I ignore it. Part of me is proud of ignoring them because once upon a time I would have kicked their asses, but sometimes the old me sneaks back in and whispers get em Mia, and I think yeah I should. 

Today was a long day, my morning was filled with classes and at lunch, I sat on my own and ate my sandwiches which Enzo made for me this morning, he's so sweet. 

By now it's 2 PM and I'm glad to be leaving for the day. I make my way back to my car and press the button on my door, the car unlocking. I slide in and lock the doors once more, a habit I've been in from a young age. I then pull out of the car park and make the half an hour drive home. 

I arrive home at quarter to 3, the traffic adding extra time to my trip this afternoon. I park my car next to Enzo's and step out, locking it after me and make my way up the small front steps to our home. Once I reach the door, I unlock it, step inside and lock it behind me once more. 

"Buon pomeriggio amore mio" (Good afternoon my love) Enoz smile as he props himself up on one arm from his laying down position on the couch

"Hey" I give him a soft smile 

"What's wrong?" he raises a brow

"Nothing." I shrug 

"Mia Ricci." he turns his head to the side, giving me his 'I know you're lying to me' look 

"Yes Enzo Moretti?" I place my hands on my hips

"Come here" he pats the space on the couch in front of him. 

I make my way over and lay down on the couch, my back to his front as I snuggle into him. He instantly wraps his arm around me and interlocks our finger pressing a soft kiss to my shoulder "What's the matter?" He questions once more

"I'm starting to remember the reason I dropped out in the first place. I don't know if I'm cut out for this." 

"Mia, of course you are, what's making you think otherwise?" 

"I got more results back today and if it was the real test I would have failed Enz, I'm setting myself for failure and I don't know why I'm doing it to myself." I wipe away a stray tear as it slides down my cheek. 

"Things will get better baby, if this is what you want it'll happen you just have to hang in there." He places a few more kisses on my shoulder. "Do you think it would help if I studied with you? I know I don't know anywhere near as much as you, but I could ask you questions, go over the answers?"

"You'd do that?" I ask as I turn to face him 

"Why do you seem so surprised?" 

"I don't even know anymore, I shouldn't be you do so much for me already." I give him a soft smile 

"That's because you're my girl and I love you. It's my job to do these things." 

I press a kiss to his lips and snuggle down into his arms once more, closing my eyes. 

...

Enzo's POV:

I don't like seeing her like this, I hate seeing her sad and disappointed in herself. The truth is she's been studying and trying really hard with school, she studies more than anyone I know yet her grades aren't showing her hard work, I understand why she's so frustrated by it all, I would be as well if I was her. 

As I hold her in my arms and rub her back with my fingertips, it hits me maybe she's trying too hard. Maybe she's spending so much time studying and not enough time doing other things that everything is mixing into one and it's becoming more of an issue than a help. For the last month, she hasn't been working at the club so she studies more, but maybe that's what's hurting her, she needs a bit of normality in her life.

The sound of soft snoring pulls me from my thoughts and I look down to find Mia fast asleep in my arms. I move her body slightly and stand to my feet, then pick her up and carry her down the hallway into our bedroom. Once I reach the room I place her down and pull the covers over her, kissing the top of her head, before leaving the room. 

I make my way back down the hall and into the kitchen where I grab some ingredients from the fridge in order to get dinner ready. I pull my phone from my pocket and dial Charlotte's number. It's only a few rings in when she answers 

"Hey Enz, what's up?" She answers cheerfully 

"Hey, do you and Jackson have plans for the weekend? I was thinking you might like to come over and hang out for a bit?" 

"Yeah of course, is everything okay? You seem down." she notices 

"It's not me, it's Mia." I admit "She's having a hard time and I just feel like she could use a night with her friends, she's been isolating for weeks, she hasn't seen anyone but me and her parents in almost a month and it's not healthy."

"I know, I reach out all the time but she's at school or studying." 

"I know." I sigh "Anyway, you're in for Saturday?" 

"We're in." 

"Perfect, see you then." I hang up. 

I search my phone once more and find Adrianna's number. Again it only rings a few times before she answers. 

"Hello my favorite cousin in law," she answers 

"I'm telling Sara" I joke

"Yeah, yeah" she laughs "What can I do for you?" 

"What are you and Noah doing this Saturday?" 

"Uh, nothing we're off work why." 

"Perfect do you want to come over?"

My conversation goes on much the same as it did with Charlotte and once I'm off the phone to Adrianna I call Elle and Marco as well as Sara and Andre. And with everyone on board, I'm hopeful that this weekend will bring a smile to her face. At first, she might be mad at me, but after she spends some time with everyone I'm sure she'll forgive me.