[49] Family or Career

After talking to Enzo about the letter and him putting my mind at ease about it all I decided to tell my family about the job I had been handed on a silver platter and how I couldn't pass up the chance.

Papa and Andre seemed disappointed, but they were supportive and told me to go after what I wanted and they understood and weren't upset or mad with me.

It was then I decided that I would do both. In no way did I want to let my family down, but I also couldn't allow this opportunity to pass, so even though it's going to be a lot of work, I'll do my internship five days a week, Monday to Friday and I'll work the family books and accounts Saturday and Sunday as well as after work at the firm.

It's been a month now and I'm currently on my third week of my internship, so fair it's been hard, but rewarding. For now I'm doing a lot of admin style work, filing, note-taking, data entry, all things I already knew how to do, but still have a lot to adapt to at the same time.

Dressed in my usual attire of black dress pants, heels and a black jacket I make my way into the upstairs living room where Enzo has been resting on couch fresh from night shift

Last week Enzo and I moved into our beautiful new home with the help of movers, our friends and family. We're now living in the same gated community Sara and Andre live in and we to have a home in front of the ocean with stunning views. Because we're in a gated community now, Enzo has been taking on a few of the night shifts to help out the boys but even now he still doesn't like leaving me at home alone.

I make my way over to couch and bend over moving Enzo's messy hair from his face as he sleeps. I press a kiss to his lips and he stirs slightly

"I'll see you tomorrow, I love you" I whisper.

For the last week we haven't seen each other. He's gone all night, and I'm gone all day, it isn't ideal but it's what we have to do for now and I understand that.

I stand up and he reaches for my hand stopping me from leaving. "Stay." He opens his eyes

"I wish I could." I sit on the edge of the couch. "I miss you."

"I miss you." He strokes my hand with his thumb "but tonight is my last night shift and we'll get to spend some time together again."

"I can't wait."

"Me either, I promised my fiancé a baby and I intend to keep that promise."

I giggle softly and lean down pressing a kiss to his lips. "I love you Enz, please be safe tonight."

"Of course I'll be safe, now go you don't want to be late." He presses a soft kiss to my lips once more.

I stand up and make my way over to the door.

"Oh and Mia." He calls to me which causes me turn and look in his direction. "I love you more." He grins

...

I arrive at work on time and pick up the coffees for everyone like I do every morning before making my way to the top floor.

"Good morning." I smile as I make my way through, handing out the coffees.

"Good morning." My boss smiles and takes her coffee "I hope you're ready for busy day because I'm going to have a lot of notes for you to take down, we have three meetings and then I'd like you come and meet with a client of mine."

"Sounds like crazy day."

"Nothing around here is ever boring or stays the same for long. Now off you go and get your things so we can attend this meeting."