[45] Time

Today marks the six-month mark of college meaning I'm now halfway through the year and well on my way to becoming a lawyer.

Everything has been how it's been from the beginning when it comes to school, I sit on my own at lunch, I study by myself and I don't really talk to anyone, but none of that matters to me because when I get home at night everything is perfect. I go home every afternoon to someone who loves me, someone who makes me feel safe, someone who encourages me, and I don't know what I'd do without him. 

Enzo helps me study at night and I haven't missed a single Saturday shift at the club since being reminded how nice it is to have some life balance once more. When I'm not working or studying I'm having dinner with our friends or spending time with our family. Sara is now nine months pregnant and I'm due to be meeting my niece or nephew any day now so I've been spending as much time with as I can knowing she's going to be very busy once the baby enters the world. 

Surprisingly having some balance in my life has really helped my grades, that as well as having Enzo to help me I'm retaining more information and my grades have been getting better and better with each assessment 

"Perfect marks Mia." My professor smiles as he hands me my paper. 

I take it from his hands and take a look at the perfect score in the top corner of the page, a huge smile on my face. "Thank you Sir." 

"Don't thank me, you're the one who worked for it." He keeps walking. 

I place my paper in my bag and stand up throwing it over my shoulder. I make my way out to the car quickly, excited to get home and tell Enzo. I slide into the car and lock the doors after me like always and head towards home. 

When I arrive home I'm glad to see his car in its usual spot, he's home early again. I park the car and make my way quickly to the front door and swing it open. "Enz" I call. 

"Kitchen Bella," he calls back 

I lock the door behind me and make my way into the kitchen where I find him getting dinner ready already. 

"You're making an early start," I comment as I place my bag down on the stool. 

"That's because I'm cooking you lasagna from scratch, and it's going to take a while." He grins as he finally looks in my direction. "How was school? You look happy this afternoon."

"That's because I am." I unzip my bag and pull my papers out and hold them out to him. 

He puts down the wooden spoon he'd been mixing the meat with and turns the heat down, then dusts off his hands on his sweat pants and takes the papers into his hand. 

"Perfect marks" he says proudly with a big smile on his face "Congratulations il mio amore" he sticks it to the fridge with a magnet and turns back wrapping his arms around me. He picks me up and places me on the kitchen counter. "I knew it wouldn't be long." He presses a kiss to my lips as he stands in between my legs "I'm" kiss "very" kiss "proud" kiss "of you." he kisses my lips once more. 

I giggle as I wrap my arms around him. "Thank you for helping me and supporting me, I don't know what I'd do without you." I smile down at him. 

"It's all you Bella." he kisses my nose 

I look back towards the fridge and giggle once more shaking my head "Are you really going to leave that up there like a proud parent?" 

"Of course I am, I'm proud of you." he runs his hand up my thigh "Just like I'll keep all of our children's artworks out on display."

"Our children?" I raise a brow 

"What you haven't thought about it?" He mumbles, his breath warm against my ear, sending chills all over my body. 

"Of course I've thought about it, I just didn't think that you had." I admit. 

He begins pressing kisses against my neck. "Of course I thought about it, I've thought about a lot of things when it comes to our future." he runs his hands further up my thigh 

"Enz the food is burning." I giggle out in a breathy moan. 

He pulls back and moves back over to the stove, stirring the meat simmering away in the large pot once more. "Are you going to help me then or just keep being a distraction?" he smirks. 

"I can help, are you going to teach me how to make authentic lasagne?" 

"Yes, the best you've ever tasted, my mamma's recipe," he says proudly. 

...

After what felt like hours of cooking we sat down to dinner which was amazing, just as he'd said it would be. 

"Wow, this is so good," I tell him with a mouth full of food. 

He chuckles softly and nods his head. "I told you, it's the best."

"Maybe next time I'll be able to make it for you without your assistance."

"Maybe." he says with a grin

Buzzz Buzzz Buzzz My phone begins to buzz on the table next to me. I peek at the screen and see it's Andre calling. 

"Its Andre, I better answer," I tell Andre not wanting to be rude by answering my phone at the table. "Hey Andre," I answer the phone with a smile

"Hey sis, I just wanted to let you know you're now an aunt" Andre beams down the phone "And of course a Godmother."

A few weeks ago over family dinner, Andre and Sara asked Enzo and I to be Godparents of their little one and of course, we said yes. 

"Well, do I have a niece or nephew?" I question exactly as I bounce in my chair 

"You have a niece and her name is Isabella, Bella for short." 

"Awwww" I gush "I bet she suits it as well if she looks anything like my her Mamma." I smile happily into the phone. "When came we come and meet her?" 

"Maybe tomorrow afternoon? We're hoping to be able to be at home by then. I'll send you a picture of her as soon as we hang up thought."

"Tomorrow is perfect, okay I'll let you hang up and spend time with your little family and I'll be waiting for this picture."

"Bye Sis."

"Byeeeeee" I sing into the phone before hanging up and giving my attention back to Enzo. "It's a baby girl and her name is Isabella, Bella for short, and we can go and meet her tomorrow afternoon if they're out of hospital." 

"Sounds perfect, I like the name." 

"Me too, I bet it suits her. Sara is gorgeous and we all know good looks run in my family." I flick my hair over my shoulder in a joking manner

"Jokes aside baby you're stunning and good looks do run in your family." 

"Oh yeah? You think my brothers hot?" I raise a brow with a cheeky smile 

"I think your Mum's hot" he winks 

"Enz" I giggle loudly with a gasp "This entire time you've been checking out my Mum?" 

He stands up and picks up his empty plate while chuckling. "You know you're the only woman I look at." He leans down and presses a kiss to my head as he picks up my empty plate as well. 

"Oh don't get cute on me Mr Moretti, I'm onto you." I grin up at him.