[51] Dangerous woman

Mia's POV: (Mature)

It's been a week, an entire week, and Enzo is still sitting behind bars. To say I'm feeling like the worst Lawyer in the world is an understatement. For the last week I've been trying to secure a meeting with Judge Harrison who is in charge of Enzo's case but so far nothing. My former horrible boss was right, it's all about who you know in these places and I don't have anyone, I have no one to assist me. So I have to take matters into my own hands because I can't leave him in there any longer.

Sitting in the hallway of the courts, I bounce my leg up and down and fight the temptation to bite my nails. I can't be sure how long I've been sitting here now but I need to speak to the judge and I'll sit here all day if I have to.

Even though I'm completely exhausted from almost no sleep last night I raced to the court as soon as I was ready to do so. If I want the judge to take me seriously I need to look the part and today I made sure I did. I'm dressed in a tight black pencil skirt, a white business style shirt, and my high heels. My makeup is done and my long dark hair, out and curled.

A take a deep breath as I look around the building and place my hand on my leg, forcing it to stop bouncing. A moment later the door to the judge's room opens and he appears.

"Judge Harrison" I stand from my seat.

He looks in direction and studies me for a moment, once he realizes we don't know one another he ignores me continuing to walk down the hall.

"Judge Harrison." I call after him as I follow him down the hall, "My name is Mia Ricci and I need to speak to you about my client Enzo Moretti."

"Walk and talk Miss Ricci, I don't have much time." He huffs

"My client Enzo Moretti has been behind bars for the last week and I believe he's been wrongfully accused."

He stops walking and looks down at me "That's quite the statement Miss Ricci, do you have proof to back this up?"

"Yes." I lie to his face with a nod of my head. "I do, please if you have the time we need to get my client out of there."

"Miss Ricci with all due respect what makes your client more important than anyone else's? Do you know I have every lawyer in the state coming to me with issues like that every day." He raises a brow at me.

"I understand sir," I give him a small smile "Really I do, but if you could please just help me out this once." I look up at him hopeful.

"What firm do you work for?"

"I- I don't work for a firm, I'm just here as myself."

"Hmmm." He raises his hand to his chin in deep thought

"I was working for a firm, but they didn't agree with taking on this client, and as you can tell I'm very passionate about his release so I quit," I tell him honestly. "I know I'm a new graduate and this is my first case but please Judge Harrison, you're my only hope."

He removes his hand from his face and nods slowly "You know something Miss Ricci, you remind me of my daughter." He lets out a deep breath "My office 3 PM and not a second later, bring your information and I'll assign someone to bring the police officers who arrested him as well. Enzo Moretti you said."

"Yes judge." I nod

"I'll see you this afternoon Miss Ricci."

"Thank-you Judge."

I leave the foyer quickly and make my way down the front steps and back to my car. I unlock it and slide in, speeding towards the jail which is only a few blocks away.