[61] She's gone

Enzo's POV:

I make my way out the doors of the jail once more. Once again dressed in my usual attire of black leather jacket and ripped jeans. As I reach the last step my eyes scan the car park and that's when I spot the last person I thought would be here. Andre. 

I begin to make my way over to the car and Andre finally looks up, putting out his cigarette. "You're the last person I expected to be here picking me up." 

"I don't even know why I'm here but I wanted to make sure you got home safe I suppose." He steps into the car without another word. 

I get into the passenger side quickly and pull my seatbelt on. Andre then pulls out of the car park and onto the freeway.  

"I can't believe she managed to get me out again, I really didn't think she was going to be able to."  

"I told you, she was working on it day and night, she wasn't going to stop until she got you out." Andre replies keeping his eyes on the road ahead of us. 

"I'll have to thank her, among many other things when I get home." 

"She's not there." 

"What do you mean?" 

"At home, she's not there, she's gone." 

"Gone?" I knit my brows together in confusion

"She packed her things into boxes and she's gone. She said the house belongs to you and everything in it belongs to you as well, that she would be the one to leave." 

"It's not my house at all, it belongs to the both of us, it always has." 

"Oh come on Enzo what did you think was going to happen? You told her you didn't love her, that you didn't want to marry her and you didn't want to have children with her and you thought she was going to be sitting at home waiting for you to come back? You broke her heart, and frankly, I'd like to break your face." 

"I wouldn't blame you if you did." I let out a deep sigh "You're right, I don't know what I was thinking of course she's gone." 

"I hope you're not expecting me to feel sorry for you because I don't." 

"Do you know where she is going at least? Is she going to be safe? Have people to keep an eye on her?" 

"I believe she's going back to Mum and Papa's, but that's all I know."

We pull up to the house and just like Andre had said Mia's car is gone. He parks the car and I remove my seatbelt. "Thanks for picking me up."

"Yeah, what are brothers for," Andre says without looking at me. 

I step out of the car and make my way up the stairs, it's then Andre speeds off out of the driveway. 

Once I reach the door I open it and make my way into the foyer and living room areas looking around, everything is still perfectly in its place and the house is clean and tidy, just as Mia always keeps it. I make my way upstairs to the bedroom and look around, again everything is always as it was. I make my way into our walk-in and that's when things start to look different, all of Mia's clothes, shoes, and bags are gone and my things hanging up in color-coded, perfect order, I definitely didn't leave them like this, so Mia must have done it for me. 

I step out and into the bathroom opening the draws. All of her makeup is gone as are her hair products and styling tools the only thing remaining is an un-opened home pregnancy test box.

I close the draw and take a deep breath. I've lost the only thing that ever mattered to me in life, something that took us a long time to build, and I threw it away in a matter of seconds.