[57] Baby Moretti

"Enzo is behind bars again, they have him on drug charges again. He was set up."

"Miss Ricci." He sighs softly and shakes his head "I mean once yes okay, but twice and for the same thing?"

"I know how it looks." I begin to cry "But you have to believe me, they've set him up."

"Miss Ricci without any proof I can't help you, I'm sorry but I need the proof I can't just take your word for it."

"Can't we release him while I get the proof? I mean how do you know he did it?"

"Because he was caught with it, unfortunately, it's guilty until proven innocent in this case."

"I understand." I nod "I'll bring you the proof as soon as I can."

"I hope you do Miss Ricci." He gives me a hopeful smile

"Judge Harrison." A female speaks from behind me "You're late for your meeting."

"Please excuse me Miss Ricci, come back and see me with the proof."

...

I arrive back home, or at least it was my home, now it's just a house because Enzo and I will never be here together again, we'll never sleep in our room or snuggle on the couch.

As these thoughts fill my find, I begin to sob once again, unable to hold it in any longer and before I know it I find myself on the floor of my living room sobbing inconsolably.

"Mia, oh honey." A hear a soft voice through my tears and then a gentle hand on my arm. "Stand up, come on."

I look up at Charlotte who I didn't hear come in and she helps me to my feet and walks me over to the couch, sitting me down.

"Mi, I know this hard, but it'll be okay, you'll get Enzo out and everything will be fine."

"That much I know, I know I'll get him out."

"Then what is it? Talk to me."

"We broke up."

"B-broke up?" She stutters "What on earth do you mean you broke up? Your wedding is in two months."

"I went to see him and he broke up with me, he told me that he doesn't love me it was a mistake to ever be with me and ask me to marry him." The tears roll down my cheeks once more. "He said he's glad we never started a family, that he doesn't want children with me."

"Oh Mia." Charlotte pulls me into her arms "he didn't mean any of that he's just under stress right now, you'll see it'll be okay."

"He meant it Char, he told me to cancel the wedding."

"H-he did?"

"Yes, and that's not even the worst of it."

"Oh?" She asks softly

"I'm pregnant" I begin to cry once more "I'm pregnant with a baby that he doesn't want, a baby that I thought we created with love, that we both wanted."

"Oh Mia." Charlotte rubs my back "Dose Enzo know?"

"No, you're the first person I'm telling so please don't tell anyone else."

"How far along are you?"

"A few weeks, I was waiting for my scan before I said anything to anyone, but I had planned to tell Enzo tonight." I look over at the kitchen counter. "I wrote him a poem letting him he was going to be a Papa, I thought he was going to be so excited." I begin to sob once more.

"Oh Mia, okay, take some deep breaths for me." She rubs my back. "I know you're hurting right now, but stress isn't good for the baby, you need to try and calm down okay?"

"What baby?" I hear from the doorway and look up, it's then my eyes meet Andres.

Shit.....

"I'll leave you to it." Charlotte stands up, and exits the room.

I pull myself together and pat the couch next to me for Andre to sit. "I'm pregnant, but Enzo and I are no longer together, the wedding is canceled."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Have you lost your mind?" He asks in confusion

I fill him in on the entire story, I tell him about what had happened at the jail, the words spoken and the fact I am pregnant, and it was planned and I'll be keeping the baby even without Enzo's help and support

"He's lucky he's behind bars or I'd fucking kill him." Andre begins to pace the room. "I can't believe he did this to you."

"Andre he doesn't know I'm pregnant, only you and Charlotte do, please, please keep this to yourself, I'm begging you."

He sighs defeatedly and sits down. "I won't tell anyone, and I'm sorry to get all worked up, I just don't understand Mia I really don't, he loves you and now this. There has to be more to the story."

"He ended it Dre, he told me he doesn't love me, that's it."

"At least try to talk to him before you cancel the wedding, maybe he was just,"

"There are no words Dre, he meant it, every word of it and I don't blame him, I knew from the moment he picked me up out in the middle of nowhere when he first arrived home that he was too good for me. Deep down I should have known that this day would come, I should have known I'd never be enough." I stand up

"Mia, where are you going?"

"I have some phone calls to make, I have a lot to cancel." I say sadly "Then I need to get to work on his case file to get him out of jail."

"You're still going to help him, after all of that?"

"Of course I am, he doesn't belong in there, he was set up and I'll prove it."

"You're a better person than me Mia because all I was to do is snap his neck."

"Don't let it get to you, I'll be okay." I place my hand on my stomach "We'll be okay." I smile softly.

...

I spend the afternoon canceling all of our wedding plans, most places won't give us our money back at this short notice, but that's okay, I will give Enzo his money and take the loss myself, I have money coming in from the Corbas as I'm now on their books and I'm being paid a proper lawyers wage.

Once I've canceled all of the wedding plans, I move onto Enzo's case file as begin tracing his steps to find out exactly what happened and what I can possibly use as useful evidence or proof that he had nothing to do with this and get him out of jail.