[55] Note it

"I haven't seen you this happy ever." My Mother comments as I crack up laughing at a joke my brother Andre had made. 

"That's because I'm the happiest I've ever been," I tell her truthfully. "What is there to not be happy about, I'm getting married to the most amazing man in the world, we're going to start a family, I have the most wonderful friends and family anyone could ever ask for, I have a law agree, I-"

"We get it, you're perfect." Andre laughs 

"Hey, you didn't let me finish jerk." I place my hands on my hips "I was going to say I have the cutest little niece in the world."

"Yeah, you say this because she looks like you," Andre smirks 

"Well yeah, I'm cute." I flick my hair over my shoulder in a dah tone giggling some more. 

"For fuck sake," Enzo shouts as he slams the front door causing me to jump. 

I stand up and make my way downstairs into the foyer. "Hi baby," I say softly 

"Hey." he gives me a small smile as he pulls his jacket off

"Is everything okay?" 

"Those fucking cops followed me home again today, they're looking for any little thing they can sting me on I swear." 

"Again" I sigh softly and shake my head "Let me go and talk to the judge."

"Don't worry about it, last time you did that it got us nowhere." 

"I have to at least try Enz, they can't harras you like this all the time, you don't even have a record it's clear now, so they have no reason." 

"Don't worry about it, it's fine." He shrugs and heads upstairs. 

I make my way upstairs and look around at my family. My entire domina has now changed, I'm no longer laughing, smiling, happy, full of life, I'm worried, confused, and sad. 

"Everything okay?" Andre questions 

"Yeah, the fucking cops have it out for me that's all." Enzo shrugs and heads down to the bar. 

I nod my head in his direction, telling Andre to go after him and he does. It's been two weeks since Enzo and I were pulled over by the police and they have been stalking and harassing him ever since, trying to get him on any little charge they can, I understand why he's so frustrated and uptight about it, but he never wants me to help him. 

"Mia," Mum says softly breaking me from my thoughts 

"I'm going to go and talk to the judge, I don't care if he doesn't want me to this isn't okay and we can't go to the police because they are the police." 

"Do what you think you need to do honey, you have my support always." 

"Thanks, Mum." I give her a long, much needed hug. 

...

I arrive at the courthouse dressed in some black dress pants, a black singlet, and a black and white jacket teamed with some heels. I make my way into the large foyer and strut over to the reception desk. 

"Hi, I need to see judge Harrison, could you please buzz him and let him know Mia Ricci is here." 

The lady picks up the phone and waits a moment. "Judge Harrison, a Mia Ricci is here to see you." 

Silence 

"I understand." She hangs up the phone. "He said he doesn't have long, but he can see you for a moment, head down to his office."

"Thank-you." 

I make my way down the hall to his office and knock before entering. "Miss Ricci, you're back already." He smiles "What happened to not asking me for another thing?"

"I'm not sure I'm here to ask you something more than tell you something," I say nervously, suddenly wondering if I'm doing the right thing. 

"Go on." He nods 

"The police officers have been harassing Enzo. They're following his every move, pulling him over and giving him fines for stupid things like a brake light out, things like that."

"And what would you like me to do about that Miss Ricci?"

"Can you note it? Just in case anything further is to happen, I'm becoming very worried that something else is going to happen, judge." I take a deep breath "I just want to live my life, I'm trying to plan our wedding and we're trying for a baby we don't need all of this stress for no reason, he was proven innocent."

"I understand." he nods "I'll note it and if anything else happens you come to me and inform me okay?"

"Thank-you Judge Harrison, I appreciate it more then you'll ever know." 

"You're welcome, now if you'll please excuse me I have a meeting to get to." 

"Of course sir." I nod and leave the room quickly. 

...

I arrive home and make my way into the foyer. I remove my jacket, the warmth of the house hitting me right away and make my way up the steps into the living room 

"Mia." Enzo calls as he pads down the stairs quickly 

"Hey." I give him a soft smile 

"Where did you go, you had me worried. I came back upstairs and you and your Mum were both gone."

"Well, I went to meet Judge Harrison and I knew you would try and stop me so I didn't tell you where I was going," I admit 

"I see" He nods "Well that's better than the reason I thought it was going to be for." He says sadly. 

"Why? Where did you think I'd gone" 

"I thought maybe I'd upset you, I've been acting like such an asshole the last couple of days." He sighs and steps towards me taking my hand "I'm really sorry"

"It's okay." I lean in and press a kiss to his lips "You're under stress right now, I get it."

"Yeah but that doesn't give me the right to take it out on you, you don't deserve it." 

"Enz, it's fine." I stroke his cheek gently with my thumb. 

"What did the judge say?" 

"He's going to note it all, I told him to keep it noted in case anything else happens, just go about your day to day life and don't worry, they can't get you on anything. Take your bike to work, they won't even know it's you."

"Yeah that's a good idea, I can see how that would work." He nods and pulls me into his arms. "But for now, can we just head upstairs so I can show you how sorry I am?" 

"I thought you'd never ask." I smile up at him.