[33] Blood

(Trigger warning - Convocations about sexual assault)

"You okay?" Andre questions as he looks over at me, all of us are covered in blood, blood that doesn't belong to us, except for maybe the busted knuckles.

This isn't something that's new to me, I've grown up in this life, I know what it's all about and this certainly isn't the first time I've beaten someone to an inch on their life. But something about this was different. Never have I wanted someone dead so badly. Never have I wanted to kill someone, but his words killed me inside.

All I could think about was Mia and what he'd done to her, and her screaming in pain and it ripped me apart and filled with a rage I've never felt before.

Punch after punch I just couldn't stop myself. I wanted to wipe that smart look right off his face, but he was enjoying it, why was I even surprised, he's the worst kind of human.

"I'm fine" I reply with a shrug

"What did he say to you man? I've never seen you go off like that."

"You wouldn't want me to repeat it" I assure him "Just forget it"

He and Dom share and look which I ignore and look out the window once more.

We arrived home and pile out of the car. Riccardo and the others get into their own cars and head home

Andre, Dom, Franco, and I head inside the Ricci home once more where the girls have been waiting for us.

We make our way into the house, and find the girls still together on the couch. The moment they hear our footsteps they look up, all of their eyes looking us from top to toe.

"Holy shit." Sara gasps and places her hands over her mouth.

"Enz." Mia stands to her feet quickly and rushes to me. "Are you hurt?" She asks worry filling her eyes

"I'm fine," I assure her

"But there is so much blood." She says with tears welling in her eyes, her hand reaching out to touch my arm

I pull away from her "It's not mine." I assure her. "I'm going to take a shower." I leave the room quickly.

Mia's POV

Enzo's reaction surprised me, he's never pulled away from me before. I understand his covered in someone else's blood and while that's disgusting that's not what is worrying me.

The light from his eyes is gone, the color has drained from his face and he looks exhausted and drained, not psychically but mentally.

"Papa, what happened?" I ask turning to my father

"Things got a little out of hand with Enzo and Mikey, but everything has been sorted."

"Sorted?"

"They're dead, and no we didn't do it." He shrugs "I'm going to wash up."

Andre nods his head to the door looking at Sara and she stands up "I'll see you soon" she kisses my cheek and leaves with Andre

Mum follows dad upstairs and Layla and Franco head to their room together.

It's then just Adrianna and I. "You okay?" I question

"I'm glad," she says with tears streaming down her face "I know that makes me a horrible person but I'm glad because when he was beating me I thought I was going to die, I begged him to stop and he-"

"Hey" I rush to her and pull her into my arms sitting with her once more "It's okay, we're safe now," I assure her.

She snuggles into me and relaxes, after a while, she stops crying and sits up once more. "I'm so sorry I didn't stop Mikey the night he hurt you." She whispers

"It's okay you were-"

"Off my face, I know but I still knew what he was doing to you and I was too scared to stand up to him, too scared that I'd take your place if I attempted to stop him, so I just left it to happen." She cries "But I guess I got my own back when Billy did the same to me, it's my punishment for not stepping in for you as I should have"

"Adrianna no, don't say that." I shake my head. "What he did to me was horrible but it opened my eyes, it's what made me walk away, I'm almost thankful, if it wasn't for that night I'd still be with him. But now I'm not, and I'm okay and I have Enzo and he treats me so well"

"I hope I find someone like him one day."

"You will." I assure her

She sniffles "Go and see Enzo, make sure he's okay"

"Only if you're sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine" she nods.

I stand to my feet and make my way to my room quickly, I push the door open and find Enzo fresh out of the shower, sliding his boxer shorts on.

"Can I hug you now?" I question

He holds his arms out to me and to move towards him quickly, and wrap my arms around him. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine." He pulls back from the hug

"Enzo" I say sadly and place my hand on his cheek. "Please, talk to me."

He sighs softly and takes my hand leading me back to the bed, we sit down together and he takes a breath "I almost killed him, I flew into such a rage it was like I didn't know what I was doing, I couldn't control it and your Papa and Andre had to pull me off of him, I was like, some kind of monster."

"Baby stop, you're not a monster" I place my hand on his cheek once more "look at me"

He lifts his head and I see the tears welling in his eyes "he just kept pushing me, and I wanted to kill him Mia, I wanted to kill him with my bare hands."

"I know what he's like, I know the games me plays Enz, I can only imagine the things he said to get a rise out of you."

"You were right, he was raping you, and he laughed about it, he fucking laughed" a tear slides down his cheek, and he wipes it away quickly

I lean in and press my lips to his. "You're not a monster, he's the monster and he's gone now and you didn't do it, so you have nothing to feel bad about."

"I just-" he shakes his head. "I don't want to sink to his level"

"You're nothing like him Enzo Moretti, you're loyal and caring, and loving, you're sweet, and you're kind, and I love you."

His eyes shoot up to mine. "What?" He questions in a surprised tone

"I love you," I tell him once more

He leans in and presses his lips to mine, kissing me deeply. I guess that's a good sign that I haven't scared him away by being so forward.

He pushes me back towards the bed until finally, I fall back, laying down. His body follows mine, hovering over me as he supports his weight with his arms, continuing the kiss 

He pulls back from the kiss for a moment, his forehead against mine. "Ti Amo" he whispers (I love you)

 "Ti Amo" he whispers (I love you)