[38] I'm sorry

I open my eyes slowly as they adjust to the light. I didn't have a very good night's sleep last night, I have no doubt it's because Enz wasn't next to me, but after everything that happened yesterday I thought it was best to have a little space.

Since we got together we haven't been apart, and it's got me worried that maybe Papa is onto something, do we really know this is going to be forever, do we really want to live with each other so soon?

I roll over, now facing the door once more, and come face to face with a large bunch of flowers in a vase on the bedside table. I sit up and reach for the card, pulling it from its envelope. I'm sorry, I love you xo it reads.

I smile softly and place the card back down, then sit up fully admiring the mixed flowers in colours pink and purple and some greenery to break it up a little.

The bedroom door opens slowly, and Enzo makes his way into the room.

"Hey" I give him a small smile

"Hey, I wasn't sure if you'd be awake yet or not"

"Thank you for my flowers, they're beautiful."

"You're welcome" he makes his way into the room and sits down on the edge of the bed "I'm so sorry about yesterday"

"You've said that million times already Enz, it's fine really, I'm not upset or angry with you, I just wanted to give you a little space that's all."

"I just feel horrible about the entire thing, I shouldn't have allowed Cora in so easily, she was probably up to one of her usual games. She arrived on the doorstep and said something about her grandmother passed away and she didn't know where else to go, so I let her in to talk, she wanted to talk somewhere private so I bought her up to the room, and she cried and apparently just wanted to be held, and I was silly enough to do it, I don't-"

"Enz, you really don't need to explain. It's okay." I place my hand on his. I don't enjoy seeing him like this, feeling as if he needs to grovel to me because he doesn't.

"Well for what it's worth I had the worst nights sleep I've had in a very long time, I didn't like the idea of you being across the hall from me and not in bed with me" he sighs softly "Mia I don't want anything to change between us, I love you and I want us to live together, I want to do everything that we had planned"

"You don't think it's a little to soon?" I question sadly

"For me, no I don't. I'm twenty five years old, I know what I want and what I don't, and I've been in love with you since I was like sixteen, I don't see that ever changing. But if you have any doubts what so ever, I understand and that's okay."

"I want to move in with you."

"But?"

"No buts, I want to move in with you, that's all." I reach up and press my lips to his. "Shall we see what's available in the area?"

"I'll grab the laptop"

...

After spending the morning looking up potential rentals we finally venture out of the room and make our way downstairs.

"Morning" Sara smiles, coffee in hand

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" I smile

"Good, I haven't had any morning sickness to date so that's good" she looks between Enzo and I "You two all good?"

"We're good." I nod

"Thought so, you've been in bed all morning."

"Actually we were looking up rental properties in between here and the college."