[32] Papa

(This chapter contains things that may be sensitive to some readers, on the topic of conversations about sexual assault, please be advised)

Things turned out just like I thought they would, this is the reason I never wanted to tell my family in the first place, Papa and Andre don't know how to handle their emotions, they lash out and they shout to be heard.

While Papa lashed out at me, Andre lashed out at Enzo and that's even worse. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to come between the two of them, they've been best friends since before they could talk and if this was to ruin them, I would never forgive myself.

It's been a few hours now and by now it's late afternoon. I've been in my bedroom most of the day. Mum and Sara have been in a few times to check on me, while the men have been holding some kind of a meeting most of the day.

Standing in the shower, I let the warm water wash over my body and take a few deep breaths. The thoughts of everything Adrianna and I have been through the last couple of months hitting me hard.

I place my back against the shower wall as I feel my chest rising and falling quickly and only becoming quicker. Slowly I slide down the wall until I'm sitting on the slower floor. I run my hands through my wet hair and take another deep breath.

"Mia" I hear Enzos voice from outside the bedroom.

"Shower" I call back to him "I'll be out in a second." I stand quickly and wash the soap off of my body, then step out and wrap a towel around my body.

Once I'm dry enough I make my way back into my room with the towel still wrapped around my body. "Hey" I give him a small smile

"Hey" He smiles back from his position of sitting on the bed.

"How was your chat?" I question as I begin changing into my pyjamas

"Even if they hated me this view would be worth it." He smirks

I then and frown slightly "stop that, I'm serious ."

"So am I" he licks his lips

"Enz" I giggle and make my way over to him now dressed once more

He pulls me down into his lap and presses a kiss to my lips "We spoke and Andre and I are fine, he said he's still a little annoyed I kept it from him but he was glad that you told someone and that I was there for you."

"I'm impressed, that's very mature of him." I raise a brow

"We've been best mates for a long time, sometimes we have to look past these things." He shrugs

"And Papa?"

"Your Papa is going to come and talk to you soon."

"Oh, wonderful" I sigh sadly

"Nothing bad mio Bella" (my beautiful)

Knock knock

"Come in." I call

Papa enters the room and gives me a soft smile "Do you have time to talk?"

"Sure Papa." I nod

"I'll leave you to it." Enzo stands up, and I do the same getting off his lap, then sit back down on the bed once more

Dad makes his way in and sits down on the bed next to me. "I'm sorry for how I acted downstairs, upon reflecting, part of me understands why you'd be scared to tell me, why you'd be too scared to tell your brother as well." He takes a deep breath "I'm sorry that you felt you couldn't talk to us, you should never feel that way, you should be able to come and talk to me about anything."